Quantcast

White lithium Grease

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Mitch
LOL, any reasons why?
grease is not a chain lube, and the only thing I use lithium grease is for pressing in headsets. Everything else use a water proof grease BB, bearings etc. And actual chain lube that penitrates the links grease wont.

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
grease is not a chain lube, and the only thing I use lithium grease is for pressing in headsets. Everything else use a water proof grease BB, bearings etc. And actual chain lube that penitrates the links grease wont.
Any suggestions for grease jobs and chain lube?

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
Lithium grease should be fine for bearings/threads etc.
As for chain lube it depends on local conditions.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Go to your LBS and buy a bottle of Finish Line chain lube...the one with the GREEN cap. That'll be good for your chain.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
yep finish line cross country (green cap;) ) works well used if for years. also tri flow wet lube w/ teflon works great too.

does anyone know of a online resours for grease and lube applications, such as one grease for press fitting, one for high load low speed (hed sets) or hi speed med load (hubs) etc. etc.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Originally posted by HTFR
yep finish line cross country (green cap;) ) works well used if for years. also tri flow wet lube w/ teflon works great too.

does anyone know of a online resours for grease and lube applications, such as one grease for press fitting, one for high load low speed (hed sets) or hi speed med load (hubs) etc. etc.
I have used bearing grease designed for front wheels of trucks with disc brakes. It is a great all purpose grease and it's cheap. You can get tubes at auto parts stores.

FYI, lubes rated for hi-speed are made for really high speed. Hubs would still be considered a low-speed application.

I've also gotta second Acadian's endorsement of dumonde tech. They are a seattle based company that used to do motorcycle chain lube exclusively. I worked at a bike shop when they came around looking for people to try thier new lube. I've been using the stuff for years. It works great and doesn't collect dirt unlike thicker lubes. Plus, it kinda smells like bananas, in a gross chemically sort of way.

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Originally posted by stoney98
Sorry, the only canadians accepted at home are from the east coast. Something about the fact that they talk like f'ed up frrenchies, not drugged americans...:rolleyes:
I'm as east as you can get hombres. Prince Edward Island. And I talk like a backwoods reneck thank you very much. Viva La Potato bitch ;)

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Originally posted by stoney98
works for me, I'll meet ya there. But the real question is where's there? I'll tell ya, south of somewhere!:D
I'll pass, you might case another 40ft jump and i'd have to run home. ;)

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by Mitch
I'm as east as you can get hombres. Prince Edward Island. And I talk like a backwoods reneck thank you very much. Viva La Potato bitch ;)
LOL! I was going to say the same thing! Any more 'east' and you're swimming to the UK!

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Originally posted by ChrisRobin
LOL! I was going to say the same thing! Any more 'east' and you're swimming to the UK!
It made me laugh too becuase i'm actually on the east end of the island. So yah if I walk like 5km's east I fall in the ocean lol