Quantcast

White Ranch morning ride

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Last night my mechanic informed me that if I wanted to ride in the morning, we'd need to clean and lube my bike. After some grumbling I hauled it out of the basement and let her have a look at it. She was right. The drivetrain was all gunked up. Here she is, starting the cleaning process:

After a thorough clean and lube, she had to do a double-check to make sure she didn't miss anything. She's a good mechanic.

This morning was spectacular.

The trails were in great shape and I felt good. The initial climb up Belcher Hill wasn't too bad, even though some of it was pretty loose. I decided to head up Belcher to Maverick, then take that back down to Shorthorn and back to Belcher. It was a good plan, and I arrived back at my truck just after 7.

The top of Maverick.

And the locals were everywhere

You can see more photos of this trail at http://www.pixelninja.net/pics/white-ranch-05/

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I remember that sunrise yesterday morning.... I was on my way to Colorado springs.... to work... :(

Nice pics! It was a stellar morning.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Nice pics! Temps were probably perfect in the morning.

Have you ever done the "All Lefts" out at white? Take all the left turns and it's supposed to be some super long ride? I haven't done it yet but was curious if you can actually make a loop out of it......

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Ascentrek said:
I remember that sunrise yesterday morning.... I was on my way to Colorado springs.... to work... :(

Nice pics! It was a stellar morning.
Yesterday's sunrise was very similar (I was on my bike at the time), but this pic was from this morning. Both mornings were stellar.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
weimie said:
Nice pics! Temps were probably perfect in the morning.

Have you ever done the "All Lefts" out at white? Take all the left turns and it's supposed to be some super long ride? I haven't done it yet but was curious if you can actually make a loop out of it......
That would be a heck of a ride. Let's see...if I'm reading my map correctly, that would be up Belcher, left on Mustang, left on Belcher, left on Rawhide, left on Longhorn, left on Shorthorn, left on Belcher and back down.

I doubt I'll ever do that because that puts you on Mustang going the HARD way. I love riding down Mustang but riding up it would be a bi*ch.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
That would be a heck of a ride. Let's see...if I'm reading my map correctly, that would be up Belcher, left on Mustang, left on Belcher, left on Rawhide, left on Longhorn, left on Shorthorn, left on Belcher and back down.

I doubt I'll ever do that because that puts you on Mustang going the HARD way. I love riding down Mustang but riding up it would be a bi*ch.
Yeah. And Mustang is way too much fun going down to do that. The big loop I've always enjoyed is Belcher -> Mustang -> Belcher -> Sawmill -> Belcher -> Rawhide (all the way 'round) -> Longhorn -> Shorthorn. Of course the cutoff at the bottom of Longhorn wasn't available last time I did the big loop. But damn is it a good ride! :thumb:

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Agreed....Mustang would be a b*tch to ride up. I never looked at a map to see what it would entail, I just heard about it from a friend.