Quantcast

White Ranch

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Here's a trail map, they also have hard copies at the kiosk at the bottom. I always park down off W56th:

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/jeffco/openspace_uploads/whitemp.pdf

My usual loop:
Belcher all the way to the top >
Mustang >
Sawmill >
Maverick >
Longhorn >
Whippletree

Belcher is a pretty killer climb, so if you're pretty wiped you can cut off early at Maverick. Mustang is fun but is full of those cross water bars, so if you really hate riding that it's not worth the extra climb to the very top.

I haven't explored off to the right of Belcher yet, I need to get up there some weekend earlier and poke around.

Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up for a ride, i'm always looking for more people to ride with.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
skyst3alth is spot on with the good loop - but I'd suggest taking Mustang ALL the way to the bottom of the gulch. The bottom section is the best part of Mustang. You can ride 20-ish miles up there and not repeat much trail... it's a really nice park.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Hey Nick!

Yeah, I just moved out here about 5 weeks ago from the Bay Area. With the move and work, I wasn't able to get out much on my bike. I've ridden the past 3 weekends but really haven't had a chance to explore yet. I've only gone to Green Mt. and Lair O' the Bear to Pence Park.
Must admit that I was huffing my way up the climbs; so it's probably a good thing that I went to those trails instead of doing a really long ride.

Won't be able to ride this weekend, but I'm hoping to checkout Horsetooth the following weekend if the weather cooperates. That looks like another fun trail system in Ft. Collins. The trails at White Ranch look like a good time also, so I'll be checking them out soon.
If you see a guy on the side of the trail looking like he's about to pass out from lack of oxygen, that would be me :D

Last edited: