Quantcast

Who can build a custom geo jump/park frame?

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
I currently ride a Banshee Scratch. I love the geometry. A Lot. However, I can't stand the weight of this boat anchor or the crazy drop-outs that also weigh a ton. Granted, the drop-out spacers work, but 2 of my 4 screw holes are stripped.

Anyway...Is there anywhere that I can send my frame as well as a spec sheet and get the geo of this thing cloned?

EDIT TO ADD: While I'm at it, does anyone make a frame like the Tonic Fall Guy but with a rear disc tab? I guess I'm a big loser because I love my disc brake.

Last edited:

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Simple is a good go-to for custom frame projects.

Disc brakes aren't for losers. I think it's worth trying out a v-brake before you decide you can't live without a disc.

-L

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
just fyi - DO NOT use Versa (formula) to build a custom. spend the extra $$ with Simple or another skilled builder.

jaddpops

Chimp
Nov 24, 2008
Az
if your talking about bmx then dan's comp is good if you want to build it yourself or to have a local dealer put it together.

and that's Danscomp.com

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Nemesis isn't a scam artist. He has a lot of satisfied customer's too.

There is just a lot of e-hate and e-shenanigans behind a couple instances that gave people a sour taste for Nemesis, which is Understandable - but I do think most parties have moved on amicably.

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Are you really tied to disc brakes? You'll have a lot more options if you're not.

V-brakes are pretty strong. I've found that after running both I prefer just about all rim brakes over disc. They just feel better (modularity).

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
i heard nemesis is a scam artist.
Yea and I herd your Mom gives Sloppy head :shocked:
Grow a pair and stop posting lies trying to make your self look cool on the "net"

Scam artist dont get contracted by Disney to build custom bikes .
Get your facts straight , you freeking tool !

To the OP , right now I have to many other custom frame orders for compaines such as the one mentioend above .
I'd as everyone else suggested try calling Oscar at Simple
He's a great custom builder and might have a bit more availible time on his hands than I do at the moment .
Good luck sounds like a cool bike project you have in mind :lighten:

Last edited:

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
To the OP , right now I have to many other custom frame orders for compaines such as the one mentioend above .
He's a great custom builder and might have a bit more availible time on his hands than I do at the moment .

thats a downer i was just going to email you to see if i couldnt get a frame with a few tweaks to your original design....that being said nemesis is legit to deal with and suffers from undeserved e-hate.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Yea and I herd your Mom gives Sloppy head :shocked:
Grow a pair and stop posting lies trying to make your self look cool on the "net"

Scam artist dont get contracted by Disney to build custom bikes .
Get your facts straight , you freeking tool !

And I heard your company sucks balls you piece of arrogant sh!t.! Go to hell trailer trash. Way to put out a good name for your company by insulting a 16 year old. You...can go fvck Yourself. And when you see this don't bother sending me your whining Pm's with terrible english. Actually I shouldn't say that because you probably grew up in a trailer park and thats the way the inbreeds talk down there.

Last edited:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
And I heard your company sucks balls you piece of arrogant sh!t.! Go to hell trailer trash. Way to put out a good name for your company by insulting a 16 year old. You...can go fvck Yourself. And when you see this don't bother sending me your whining Pm's with terrible english. Actually I shouldn't say that because you probably grew up in a trailer park and thats the way the inbreeds talk down there.

You just justified my original comments with your reply, Thank you .
:huh:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
thats a downer i was just going to email you to see if i couldnt get a frame with a few tweaks to your original design....that being said nemesis is legit to deal with and suffers from undeserved e-hate.
Pancho

You should come by our booth this weekend at the SF bike show I might have some frames you would be interested in .

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
You just justified my original comments with your reply, Thank you .
:huh:
You are very welcome, its really refreshing to know that your finally out of the denial stage. They say thats the first step to admitting your a scam artist. Next they say you start lying to yourself. Thats going to be a rough one. It will be like puberty for you so you can finally grow up. :nopity: I have faith though.

Last edited:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I heard another symptom of scamartistiosis is you start lashing out and start becoming very irritable. This is know as chronic Douche bag. Hope you feel better.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
hater's..........if you've ever met brad he's a chill dude that doesn't take **** from nobody, he's just like that, get over it don't get your panties in a twist over a dumb comment on the internet, go take a bong load and chill out man. brad makes a legit bike thats all that really matters. oh and brad if ya read this i gotta send you a photo of me bike with those raw-gnar-rust bars, theyre freakin tittttttiiies

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
You are very welcome, its really refreshing to know that your finally out of the denial stage. They say thats the first step to admitting your a scam artist. Next they say you start lying to yourself. Thats going to be a rough one. It will be like puberty for you so you can finally grow up. :nopity: I have faith though.
I heard another symptom of scamartistiosis is you start lashing out and start becoming very irritable. This is know as chronic Douche bag. Hope you feel better.
Do you have any ****ing clue what you're talking about? Learn to have some ****ing respect, jesus christ...

I rock some nempro stuff and I build my own frames!! I could easily bend up a bar, or make up a stem... But Brad's **** is off the hook!! And he's one chill ass cat, too. You're just pissy because you can't afford the pricetags on american made, high quality products.

And you're jokes are a ****ing disgrace to americans. Learn to act your age for christ's sake.

Moving on..

Nempro is the **** if you can wait, I would. Other then that... Simple has a real good rep around these parts for building a quality custom frame for a reasonable price. Def give them a look ;)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
just throwing this out there i ordered a bike from oscar @ simple. i felt it was very sketchy and he was VERY hesitant to send me pictures and after nagging enough he did. his work is TOP NOTCH, and i wont slam any frames he builds. however, when i got my frame and wheels it didnt have red nipples(no big deal i know) and said i would get a check for 20 bucks because of mistake. 3 calls later and more "i forgots" i gave up, its only 20 bucks...

*i would do buisness with oscar again
*i wouldnt try to get something so "unique"

22.125TT
9.75 to the NFCC spot
15" stays
12.5 bb
70HA

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I was at Simple yesterday talking to Oscar about building me a custom frame/fork combo. He quoted me a very reasonable price. He's in the middle of building 45 road frames for a racing team in Seattle. He's got a 4 month old baby too. She's cute as a button.

When I tossed him the idea of the frame/fork combo I want he was stoked. His passion is dj bikes but all the other custom stuff pays the bills.

Demo 9, just so I understand the frame that Oscar built was right on, just the wheelset he ordered for you didn't come with red spoke nipples?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I think the most difficult aspect of buying a custom bike is the delivery time. Small boutique builders arent running assembly lines, so they are gonna be slow. The thing that seems to cause many custom & small lot builders trouble & produce unhappy customers is that they make extremely unrealistic promises regarding delivery times. They promise the customer that something will arrive in November and it shows up in February. Instead of just admitting in the first place that there is a 4 month lead time, they string the customer along. I speak from experience and will thus walk a long long mile searching for something off the shelf before I buy anything custom.

Edit: All of that said, there are reputable small lot builders out there. Do a search on the 'Monkey of any builder that you are considering. You will see who has dirty laundary and skeletons in their closet and who does not.

Last edited:

Hawaii 1979

Chimp
Feb 10, 2008
Totally agree with chuffer. I had a custom 20" frame built. It took quite a while to get in my hands. And you will probably have to leave a deposit of at least 50% which is totally understandable. The guy that built my frame kept me updated and he was very accomodating. I changed my mind a few times on a couple of things. So the long wait actually worked in my favor. I learned more about what I wanted and what would work. Not just what I thought I wanted.

From my experience with it: Make sure you really know what you want and are kinowledgeable about it. Be patient. And make damn sure you have something else to ride in the mean time.

jk

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Hey Grove, whats up?

The geo for the frame I'm riding (which they no longer make; switched to lame sunken BB P2 style) is...

Seat Tube: 14"
Top Tube (Horz): 22.5"
Chainstay: 15.75"-17" (I have it bottomed out at shortest setting)
Wheelbase: 41"
Head angle: about 69* (They don't have it listed for a 26" wheel and 100mm fork)
Seat angle: about 70*
BB Height: ~14"

Now that I'm off from school for a bit I'm going to work on contacting a few builders. I'm also considering just getting a Standard Black market frame and giving it a shot.

Here is the offending creature:

...i heard nemesis is a scam artist...
brad and i have had it out here on these forums (as have he and others as well), but i must defend that he is not a scam artist. everybody either eventually gets their product or their money back. to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't actually jacked anyone...

where the problem lies, is that brad wants you to be so satisfied, that he overextends himself in ways that are very difficult for him to return from. his problem is that he needs to be more realistic about the time frame that it is going to take him to produce product, not that he is actually scamming anyone...