Quantcast

Who did I run into Downtown Monday

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Hey, you guys mentioned Ride Monkey, so I decided to get myself on over here, all that hoopla.

Anyway, who were the 3 guys that were urban riding, and Julain and I were riding trials?

You mentioned a myspace group, "Denver Freeride" and I cant seem to find that group. Though my myspace skills are far below par.

Anyway here are some pics from that day.

Julian:

Myself:

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
hey mike what's up this is Jason. It was me, Rob, and Kenny. I was the one on the GT Ruckus with the pike on it. Nice pics. Would love to ride with you and Julian again we had a blast. Here's the Link to my myspace account. www.myspace.com/chinkerjuarez if you look in my groups section you can find the link.

Jason

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
So when are you guys going to ride again? We tried to ride at DU yesterday...but we were told they had a "strict no tricking" policy and they ran us out. It was the first time I 've been kicked off of that campus. Looks like people don't take kindly to bike riding anymore. Seems were are being ran off everywhere.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
No, I made the post, Julian really dosent mess around online. I email him all the new trial vids and updated parts for trials.

We have to ride again soon. This week is pretty busy, with my move and all; and the wait for the new Czar Ivan frame to show up and get that built over at Alpha.

When I get back to work tonight, I'll log into myspace from my laptop and not the work PC- which I think blocks it anyway.

Talk to you later Jason,

Mike

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Well good luck with your move and everything. I check the Colorado blogs on here all the time or you can just message me on myspace I usually check that pretty often also. Looking forward to riding again. Hopefully the weather will hold up. Take Care

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Hey if you guys get free tonight we are going to try and get in some riding before the snow is supposed to hit us tomorrow. We will probably go out for drinks later somewhere if you guys want to join us that is cool too. Let me know.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Sunnnnnday we have a early morning session going on downtown- start early Im thinking start around 9am. I have to be at work by 3, so I can ride till about 2:15pm.

I got the Ivan up and running!

I cant wait to have a proper ride with it; the bike feels so natural and just wants to float on the rear.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
oh...welcome to the smoother UCI stylee...you'll never go to bashring again, its not possible with how close that back tire is. So set up I want some smooth challeges.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
That ride looks fun. Sunday morning riding? I'll give it a whirl. Where will you be deployed to in downtown?

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
What's going on Chance??....I am not sure where the location is going to be, but I rode with Mike and Julian the other day. I'll bring Rob and Kenny again and if Mike and Julian come we'll have a pretty good crew. I've got Mike's number and you've got mine so just give me a call if we don't hear anything on here and I'll let you know something

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
Alrighty guys...I shall have a working velo for sunday...so if Sunday brings above freezing temps and nothing is falling from sky, I'll ride! Downtown...we need to hit up Capital hill and the Art institute area!
I just got a wide angle for camera so I may bring it...and film it.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
We will be downtown around 8:45-9:15 A.M. We will be parking at REI, then working our way into the city.

Feel free to call whenever; and keep calling until we hear the phone

See yall down there

Mike

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
oh...welcome to the smoother UCI stylee...you'll never go to bashring again, its not possible with how close that back tire is. So set up I want some smooth challeges.
I hear ya, I really havent had a proper ride yet, but I have been working on just up's and already I am starting to get the feel. Anything over bar height and I start running into problems (ride up). Though I will focus on body language and get it right, and as always super smooth, and the look of no effort.

On the front wheel the bike feels great, I'm already pumping out some pretty nice looking front wheel hops, and the new HiFi forks are just super stiff.

But, I am pretty amped to ride my new rig.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
We will be downtown around 8:45-9:15 A.M. We will be parking at REI, then working our way into the city.

Feel free to call whenever; and keep calling until we hear the phone

See yall down there

Mike
Me, Jason, Kenny, and Rob are planning on meeting you guys downton with a couple others I think. I live off of 14th and Pearl so we'll probably all meet there and work our way down to civic center station. We'll call.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You guys were downtown today?

Did you see the movie film crew? The SUV with the gyroscopic camera on a boom? Any idea what was going on?

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
yeah not a bad ride....Sucks I snapped my frame....but I was able to build another up and get ready to ride next time. So when ever we ride next I'll be ready.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
I don't think that I saw any camera crew. But it was pretty ridiculous when your frame broke. Did you get it into the shop in time?

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Getting together tonight for a ride if anyone wants to join. Kenny is off work so he's probably already riding, but I am going to join him and Rob after I get out of work myself. Should be able to join up at around 330 or so. Thinking about riding around the DTC area. Maybe Cherry Creek High School and around that Area. Hit me up if anyone wants to join us.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Julian and Phil have just crazy skills, always watching them launch them selfs up on some crazy ledges is always a blast. I cant wait till I can get those ups.

Jason, I cant believe you did snap your frame, but least you got a bike built.

Any chance that you guys want to hit up those jumps off Dry Creek any time this week? I need to get down on some jumpin soon.

Also probley going to ride Wed, Downtown, DTC, anywhere. Phil you down?

This weekend I think I am working 3-11pm again, so maybe have another shot at downtown morning? Hopfully this time no frames break, tires going flat, or getting kicked off good spots.

:edit: Daylight savings is comming up soon, I cant wait to get light till 9pm again.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Yeah we can hit up the flumes sometime this week. Maybe tonight if you want to or wednesday we can dirt jump and urban/trials on wednesday if you want. I will be able to ride on Wednesday if you guys go. I usually am free after about 3 or so. The frame situation is okay. GT is going to warranty the frame. Not sure what I am going to get but I'm probably not going to use it at all. Kinda leary of GT frames now. They look big and burley but I now have a reason to believe other wise. I've got a steelhead built up that kenny had laying around. Pretty good frame..heavy but I love the geometry of it. I think I am going to get a Santa Cruz Jackal or a Cannondale Chase as my next frame.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
That-a-boy, get those grades. Yeah, I don't have much happening all day so I'll probably be out riding some. And Wednesday I'm free so definately Wednesday. I'd like to hit the dj's up today since it was so warm out yesterday, I bet that they're a whole lot closer to dry.

I'm gonna put some gas in my car and cruise down there pretty soon. Anyone else who wants to session the dirt today come join me.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
I gagging to jump...and or crash..who knows.

Oh...I'm off college friday...and my dad and step mum are out of here from wed-sunday...if its keeps melting you should make a point come out and take a look at the area. Maybe get some ideas going...I dependent on snow there is rocks for the trials guys.
Or if you wanna chill drink some beers, watch some riding.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Julian and I will be down about 2:30-3:00. A trials rider will be comming up from the springs as well. He is riding a Echo urban frame- Trials bike equipped with a place to sit.

I think I have all your numbers saved in Julians phone. We will park near Phils school so we can get a better start.

Friday I would love to come up and check out your spot, but I have to work from 3-11. Though I dont partake in drinking anymore, I'm pretty content with Sodie Pop or Purple Drink. :p

I wish I could get up there sooner in the day, but I am sitting here at work till 7am. So, I gotta go home and get a few hours sleep in my killer new king size mattress thats about the entire size of my bedroom.

The flumes sound good maybe Thursday? We can figure out something tomorrow My fisher is having some issues with some BB play, and the brakes arnt really up to par. I'll be taking it into Alpha to rip her totaly apart and just rebuild her from scratch.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
I might have to take you up on an offer for airbrushing.....I saw your work on your page. I've always wanted to airbrush on stickers/logos to the frame. Much better than messing around with vinyl stickers.