Quantcast

Who else makes 165 or 170mm bmx cranks?

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
All I can find are profiles that come in 165's. I want a mtb (euro?) BB BMX crankset in either 165mm or 170mm. Profiles are killer, but also pretty expensive for that setup. Any other brands make what I'm looking for? (Deity doesn't count either)

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
That's going to be tough, 165 and 170mm are more common sizes for flatland. Try looking at www.flatlandfuel.com and see what they have. If anyone has 165mm cranks, it's them.

Price wise, nothing is going to be a lot cheaper than Profiles. Just get those and that's the last set of cranks you may ever buy.

Chip

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Just checked, and Flatland Fuel has the euro Premium cranks in 165mm for $89. Not the lightest, but that's a great deal on a good crankset.

Chip

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
how long are deity cranks? i just got a set and they seem short, but i haven't ridden them yet, so it might just look that way.

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
Chip thanks for the info...that's a cool site that I hadn't heard of before. I may just end up getting the profiles when I have the money though.

Zhendo- Deity's are 170mm. My roommate has a set, they're pretty cool as well. But more expensive than the profiles.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I say look to piece together a set of used Profiles. Arms can be found cheap, as well as spindles.

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Oh and they come in Lime Green !!
Lime is the new white which was the new pink !!!
No no, white is the new black, and pink is the new purple. Baby blue is about to be the new pink, and orange will soon be the new brown, which was sort of the new yellow there for a while.

I hope we are all clear on this now...

:)

Chip