Quantcast

Who has the best quality full suspension bikes?

Oct 29, 2002
Ntown, CT
specialized and trek possibly? they can afford good quality control at the factories to weed out bad frames. granted they have issues, but then again look at the sheer numbers of them out on the trails compared to those of a boutique manufacturers.
yeah i second specialized and trek, just have had good luck personally.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Specialized has some of the straightest frames, clean welds, a crazy amount of R&D testing.
Agreed.
I'm not looking forward to the day I buy a frame that isn't from specialized (sadly that'll be soon thanks to their hideous new looks), because I know i'll miss a whole lot.

Custom tubing to match gorgeous cold forgings, pivot hardware that is always well engineered right out of the box (unlike say ironhorse), beautiful welds, and generally pretty tough bikes.

Everything breaks - I took out a bighit chainstay after 2 years of serious abuse (I also put a pretty big dent in the stay prior to the break which likely helped) but I went out and bought another one a week later. :)

And for those that said turner, little things about the specialized frames stood out over them. To name one - the ISCG mounts - specialized use a cold forged BB shell that is one piece with the tabs, and the tabs slowly taper into the shell which makes for a pretty tough setup. The turner has 3 skinny tabs cheesily welded on, and i've seen a couple crack off on older frames.

So just the little things... pity about their new design guy, he's gonna cost them a lot of business. :(

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
according to some rumours, the paint jobs for their big bikes were done by mr. berrecloth.