Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
DRB said:
Normally, I don't post about rides because they are the same go fly around the same old trails for 2 to 2.5 hours. Which to me is just not that interesting.

Of course if something bizarre or destructive happens then that is something I'm going to bring up. Otherwise I'd rather waste my time being stupid here, which I'm very good at.

But in some ride threads I swear to god I see the exact same people riding the exact same trails and if they aren't they might as well be. That's fine some folks dig that and hate the other crap, its the Lounge.
It may not be interesting to you. But we may learn something about you and find that intersting. Maybe not. Put it out there and we'll see. I for one find most posts about riding and bikes interesting. A lot more interesting then some smartass comment that might start a flame war or a belittile someone as is common at times in a lot of threads in the lounge.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
ragin-sagin said:
For about the past 5 years most of my riding has been purely gravity fed...but since I moved to NZ its been a whole other story. So much single track and sweet places to explore, it brought me back to why I started biking in the first place. Touching huh?

These shots are the lower part of a favorite trail...only about 10 minutes from home too. I love this place...

Is that the port hills? :)

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
if im not riding id like to know where the f' all these broken bones came from.

i almost think i obsess about it sometimes. when im driving through a new town i always catch myself looking for urban lines. i cant go underneath an over pass and not think, i wonder if i could poach this drop.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I've been sad lately as I've ridden trails 4 times since Sea Otter last year. Once was Nationals, the second was dhing on a borrowed bike (awesome ride, until the bike broke :dead: ), a race a few weeks back, and a 20 mile trail ride the other week. Going riding on Sunday I hope.

Fortunately I've been rocking the road bike I built right before summer last year. Averaged 250+ miles a week until late November. Rode it all through the first half of winter quarter, geting up at 6am to head out on 70 mile road rides 2 or 3 times a week. Focking cold, but well worth it.

Rode a bit of bmx when I was down south, that is always fun. Lately though, I've been sick for about two weeks and the weather is crap for road riding and the trails are muddy. Oh well, bike riding in Monterey on Sunday and in two weeks I'll be in Santa Barbara where I'll be doing laps up and down Jesusita...maybe a few runs down Tunnel too? Hmmmm. Rigid and rocks :drool:

The Ito

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Hey ito, I saw that photos of that wallride you did in SB. Thats crazy, and you're good!

I am so obsesed with biking too. In the car, I am always looking at lines and camera angles outside (urban,hills,whatever im looking at, I find lines).

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
mtnbrider said:
Hey ito, I saw that wallride you did in SB. Thats crazy, and you're good!
The curved one at SBCC?

Thanks, but I never landed it cleanly. Kept trying to table out and it wasn't happening. Oh well. Thanks for the compliment though, I appreciate it.

The Ito

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thats still cool! I guess you go fast and ride into like a berm...haha. I am taking a photo class at sbcc, and I have seen so much cool stuff to ride. I need to go with my bike.

Maybe we can meet up and ride when you come to SB. Do you know where the figuroa shuttle trails are?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I ride bikes when I have time, and right now that is never.

Come summer though, I ride almost everyday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I currently am in the "poser" category...unless the stationary bike in my basement counts :think: I am actually hoping to get outside this weekend for my first post-baby ride and first spin outside on a the bike trails since Halloween weekend!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TreeSaw said:
I currently am in the "poser" category...unless the stationary bike in my basement counts :think: I am actually hoping to get outside this weekend for my first post-baby ride and first spin outside on a the bike trails since Halloween weekend!
Pregnancy is no excuse you're lazy!;)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Meh... I've gotta $5k bike and I ride it whenever I feel like it.

I live where there is pretty much year 'round riding since we don't get snow or anything. Mud will keep me off the trail though. I post an infrequent ride report now and again but most of you think you know that La doesn't really have any trails since there are no boulders to huck off of... :rolleyes:

Nearly all my friends that I socialize with are MTBers.

I ride 5 days a week from late March-the end of Oct then it's a few times a month. I think I am gonna try to do the Arkansas MTB series this year if my schedule allows for it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Being that I am certainly one of those posters (posers?) that rarely posts about bikes or riding, and my posts are often made just to target and ridicule my e-friends and heckle people, thus running the risk of being palced on people's ignore lists. Being that I usually am the first to take a serious post NOT serisouly, I'll try and take this one VERY seriously. So allow me clarify: I ride bikes. Love 'em. Own several and ride them all as much as I can.

Lately I've been riding a lot of road. I'm coming off ANOTHER serious injury (read: surgery... again) and road is the only thing I could do for a couple of months. Plus, I like it, it's fun and different and I like to blare heavy metal in my earphones and go fast. I ride a Torelli - it's a dreamy road bike, Columbus steel tubing with an Easton carbon fork and rides like silk. I don't do a lot of long epic road rides, usually just around Denver on the bike paths and I ride from 1-3 hours depending on my mood and how much time I have.

The past few weeks I've been able to get on the dirt more, and the weather in Denver is sorta cooperating. I rode a couple of Front Range XC rides on my Yeti 575 over the last couple of weeks, and have been riding a lot of pump track, BMX track and mountain cross on my Yeti 4X bike. Both of those bikes are bad ass and I love riding them for what they do. I used to have a Yeti AS-R but it was too XC-oriented in the geometry for my tastes, so I sold her and got the 575. The 575 has the same build (I only sold the frame) and weighs less than a pound more, and climbs about 95% as efficiently, but when you point it downhill holy CRAP it's so much better!

Here in a few weeks I expect my new DH bike to arrive: a Yeti 303. When that happens, I am packing up the truck and heading straight for Bootleg to get it dailed in, and then hopefully down into AZ to try and find some XC and shuttle riding and visit my cousin. Stay tuned for that, anyone in AZ!

In the summer about once or twice (hopefully more this coming summer) you can catch me night-riding/booze-cruising on a rickety-ass mid-50's Schwinn Spitfire. It's blue and old and AWESOME. And the girls seem to like it...

Today I will be riding on two wheels, although I am not sure which steed yet. Chance are, however, that it's going to be my '02 Yamaha YX250F - the weather is supposed to be in the 50s, but we just had a bit of snow this week so the trails probably won't be in good shape to ride mtn bikes and I've already ridden enough road this week. Yes... dirtbikes... that's the ticket for today.

Yeah I ride. So what?

:D

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
I ride road with a xc bike...xc, superD, DH, FR, and occasionally some jumps too...I try and ride as much as possible, but being in school full time again has taken up a lot of time...I ride all over the place: Biwell Park, Downieville, Mt. Shasta, Whiskeytown, Redding, past Forest Ranch, Bootleg Canyon, Virgin, UT, Whistler and probably a few more...

and I usually only post crap in the Lounge, well, because it's the Lounge...if I wanted actual information, I'd go to that specific forum...:)

and now for your viewing pleasure...or not...some random pics of me..being a hucky duck, sort of :rolleyes:

Attachments

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I try to ride as much as possible, XC at least once a week. My ride is a KHS Comp ST. I commute to work 3-4 times per week on my old Cannondale.

Me at the 24-hours in the Old Pueblo a few weeks ago:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When I finish my anti-N8 bot, which attacks his Republican/29er posts with wikipedia data, Mac O/S X exploits, and a T3 line directly to the Clintons bedroom, then I will start riding again.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
goodtobeIrie said:
I ride road with a xc bike...xc, superD, DH, FR, and occasionally some jumps too...I try and ride as much as possible, but being in school full time again has taken up a lot of time...I ride all over the place: Biwell Park, Downieville, Mt. Shasta, Whiskeytown, Redding, past Forest Ranch, Bootleg Canyon, Virgin, UT, Whistler and probably a few more...

and I usually only post crap in the Lounge, well, because it's the Lounge...if I wanted actual information, I'd go to that specific forum...:)

and now for your viewing pleasure...or not...some random pics of me..being a hucky duck, sort of :rolleyes:

4th picture.....Where the hell is that?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i try to ride as often as i can. didnt ride for the entire winter because i was just too busy with snowboarding and teaching people how to snowboard. ive been riding primarily xc lately to get myself in shape for racing and my only bike is an xc bike. i will be getting some sort of a dh bike this season so ill have more riding options.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I ride, xc and some single speed (Soon to be the only one...). Used to race a bit, but got heavy and got a job, family, dog and mini van. Would like to race again, but cant handle the racer mentality... (Not trying to start anything, btw!)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
As my employment situation improves the time I can devote to riding decreases... I'm down to 1 day week on the road for 35 miles and 3 days on the trainer. I have not been on a trail in 4 months - I just do not have enough free time to travel to all the fun places. This summer I am going to tour (unsupported) the Denali National Park via Anchorage.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
goodtobeIrie said:
used to be the first drop Troy ever built on the stinc...it was on the first trail towards the left of everything else...it went bye bye...:dead:
That sucks.

I saw a giant rep at the LBS up here and he asked if I rode DH, and after he heard I did he asked if I knew the gnar trail that just got torn down...

Werd of mouth is AWESOME

J

JRB

goodtobeIrie said:
some more of me...and of others on a trail...
What's with all the pads??? Nice pics. My trails are too short and there is a lack of drops to tranny here. Kind of sad, but I still ride when I can. 1 1/2 hours was enough today. It was in the 80s. I hate the heat.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
sanjuro said:
When I finish my anti-N8 bot, which attacks his Republican/29er posts with wikipedia data, Mac O/S X exploits, and a T3 line directly to the Clintons bedroom, then I will start riding again.
I think you may have confused this thread with the drivel you usually enjoy posting in. Thanks for your contribution....

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
loco said:
What's with all the pads??? Nice pics. My trails are too short and there is a lack of drops to tranny here. Kind of sad, but I still ride when I can. 1 1/2 hours was enough today. It was in the 80
s. I hate the heat.
thanks :) ...when I do drops over 7-8 ft. and jumps of gaps around 14-18...I like to make sure I get hurt as little as possible when I eat siht...not to mention now I've got an over $2000 arm to protect...and I scar like crazy...

you could always shovel a tranny...like we usually do...I wish it would get up to 80 here...I think that's the perfect temp, maybe a little cooler...it's been all rain here for a while...trails are off limits...:mumble:

J

JRB

goodtobeIrie said:
thanks :) ...when I do drops over 7-8 ft. and jumps of gaps around 14-18...I like to make sure I get hurt as little as possible when I eat siht...not to mention now I've got an over $2000 arm to protect...and I scar like crazy...

you could always shovel a tranny...like we usually do...I wish it would get up to 80 here...I think that's the perfect temp, maybe a little cooler...it's been all rain here for a while...trails are off limits...:mumble:
Are you an arm model???

I am about to build some stuff, but it won't be very big. Not a ton of spots around to build on here.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I ride, lots. Up to three 40 mile road rides during the week (commuting); Another one or two mtb rides, anywhere from 20'ish to 45 miles each, and possibly another road ride. This last year I rode the 109 mile Tour de Tucson, Tour of the white mountains, and 24 hours of the old pueblo, a couple of centuries, about 2000 miles off road, and about 4000 miles on road, all after being hit by a car in April.

I bought three bikes this year. A replacement road bike, a Titus switch blade build up to keep from going insane, while I recovered from my accident and more recently an '06 enduro because I'm about as recovered as I'm going to get and ready to start being a little more daring. My wife bought a road bike and a pink racer-x. Yes I post bike pics, on a bike forum. I like seeing the bikes other people have, and I like to think someone might want to see mine.