Quantcast

Who Here Still Rocks The Old School Hucking Monsters?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
that's the one, and wrenches zip tied to the floating brake arm to keep it stiff. The good old days

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I love that there was almost an alternate reality where Sam Hill would have basically been riding a Profile DR-1 instead of DW linked Ironhorse. I forget where I read about Ironhorse wanting to license the DR-1 design, someone help me out?
They were the team bikes for Ironhorse before the Sunday came out and Ironhorse didn't have any dh race worthy machines. One of the DR-1 bikes I have had the Ironhorse livery on it when I got it. The designer of the Profile downhill bikes was killed in an accident not long after the bikes came out... would have like to have seen the Profile full suspension bikes have more of a future. True Lawwill suspension with bearings (huge bmx crank bearings) around the bb. The bikes rode similar to a Straight 8, very stable at high speed.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
They were the team bikes for Ironhorse before the Sunday came out and Ironhorse didn't have any dh race worthy machines. One of the DR-1 bikes I have had the Ironhorse livery on it when I got it. The designer of the Profile downhill bikes was killed in an accident not long after the bikes came out... would have like to have seen the Profile full suspension bikes have more of a future. True Lawwill suspension with bearings (huge bmx crank bearings) around the bb. The bikes rode similar to a Straight 8, very stable at high speed.
Daniel Roubisaux? Hence the name DR... trying to remember from the DIRT review of the bike I read many years ago. Strange what the mind keeps in.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Do recall seeing a handful of those bike back when... but pretty much limited to team riders only.
The straight 8 definitely had a more elegant floating brake setup.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Do recall seeing a handful of those bike back when... but pretty much limited to team riders only.
The straight 8 definitely had a more elegant floating brake setup.
yeah one of the guys lived in trumbull...
and i do remember the floating brake rattling like crazy all the time

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
RD3 has no less than 10 Hood Mussels... or something like that ;)