Quantcast

Who Knew?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Downhill riding takes a lot out of ya!

Rode all day on Sunday and I'm dead tired :dead:

Being a XC gal at heart I have known to make a few comments alone the line about downhilling not being a work-out ;)

I will never do that again :nope:

Best of all I had a great time :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Good to hear you made it out in one piece.....

So maybe we will see ya attacking a few wim reaces? If you can do 38 all day you can do a wim race....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
oly said:
If you can do 38 all day you can do a wim race....
Totaly.

Only thing that changes is one is a race run....but most people get mental (haha I typed metal the first time :) ) when it shouldn't be much different. A good ride should be a good race run. People go 110% and forget that they would go a hell of a lot faster if they weren't skidding on their lids down half the course...

That is what I tell myself when I ride slow and consistent. ;)

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I had a good time up there too yesterday Snacks! It was good to get to ride with you and Trailhacker and to enjoy the 38 trails again :thumb: . I'm still of the mindset though that XC takes more out of me (even as my arms still quiver from pump yesterday - or is that just from gripping the breaks too hard? :think: hehe :p )

Maybe what we need is two days back to back....one day hard XC (hrmmm Riding up the trail at Tiger might be a good thing...) followed by one day DH. I know Steve and I had a blast yesterday, and he mentioned wanting to hook up again for rides if you're up in his area or he's back down here in ours.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Good to hear you made it out in one piece.....

So maybe we will see ya attacking a few wim reaces? If you can do 38 all day you can do a wim race....
Ya, I only crashed twice, but they were dorky ones so they don't really count ;)

Umm, not sure about racing DH. Right now I'm just riding for fun, getting used to riding a bike with lots o travel and trying to over come my fear of breaking my self again.

All I know is it was fun to really challenge myself, not just physically but mentally too :thumb:

Jr_B, Wednesday’s set....trail up / trail down. I'll check with Kevin tell him to pencil in Thursday for some arm puppin' dh ;)

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
RhinofromWA said:
Totaly.

People go 110% and forget that they would go a hell of a lot faster if they weren't skidding on their lids down half the course...
;)
hey, i skid pretty fast on my lid.. :D

maybey i should start the race crashed and try not to stay up....