Quantcast

Who knows Hope hubs?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've got a 135mm, QR pro2 evo QR coming and I need to put a conversion kit into it to get it a 135mm bolt on.

Which kit do I need?

One specifically states it's for the Pro2 evo hubs, but in the description they both say they'll work with a P2 evo.

And they don't look like the same axle.

Which one do I need?

https://bti-usa.com/public/item/HT5860

https://bti-usa.com/public/item/HT5844

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
if you have a 10mm axle lying around just get the 10x135 thru axle end caps and save half your money, why **** around with separate threaded bolts for each side of the hub? i've never understood that method of attachment.

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
The Pro2 and Pro2 Evo hubshells are the same, the only difference is the axle and bearings. So if you are going to change the bearings too, either one should fit there with the correct bearings, but if you are using the old ones, get the one for the Evo.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's a brand new hub so I don't need to change bearings.......and I don't have a 10mm axle so I need the full kit.

The second option is cheaper so I was just hoping I could skimp a little.

Number one it is.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah if you bought the 2nd, it would have a thinner axle and wouldn't work with your existing internals.

The change in the Evo is that it uses an updated thicker internal axle, because the old ones could break (mostly in 150 guise). The bearings in the new hub are slightly smaller to allow this, as the shell remained the same.

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
When I changed from QR to 10mm through axle on a rear pro2 evo (prebuilt into hope hoops) I just needed endcaps, same as i9 hubs. No tools from memory (besides me).

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
He wanted bolt-on 10mm, not through - so the axle needs to be internally threaded to take the bolts, thus new axle... to my knowledge anyway.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah if you bought the 2nd, it would have a thinner axle and wouldn't work with your existing internals.

The change in the Evo is that it uses an updated thicker internal axle, because the old ones could break (mostly in 150 guise). The bearings in the new hub are slightly smaller to allow this, as the shell remained the same.
Thanks man. This is going on a dirt jumper so that's good to know.

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
No, thats for a normal pro2, you can see the change in axle diameter where the freehub body starts. The evo ones are the same from the main hub bearings out to the freehub.Crc does not appear to have the evo bolt on rear conversion at the moment.