Quantcast

Whoever has been bumping N8's old economy posts...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Please note that things started going to the crapper once the dims took control of teh Congress..

yea congress
Back it up. Cite specific examples.

Thank you.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
his man-crush

Please note that things started going to the crapper once the dims took control of teh Congress..

yea congress

:clapping:
Please note we replaced you with curtix and vibiker while you were gone and we all like them better.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I figured if it were the other way around what would n8 do? I'll admit I kind of felt a little dirty doing it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The economy was bumping right up until Jun 2007. However, at that point the writing was on the wall. I will give N8 props where due, he helped stoke the bubble while it was climbing.
Now if his articles were dated at or near June 2007, they were sorely mistaken.

That being said, we still have about 2k to drop in the Dow (imho), so if he's stoking it, he's full of it.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
*crickets*
Since 2006 when the US had a Democratic Congress the following has happened:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted
2) Gasoline at $4+ a gallon
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase)
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping
5) 1.8% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) The DOW in the crapper and $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM OUR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

thx dims...

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping
6) The DOW in the crapper and $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM OUR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

thx dims...

Let me clarify:

Cite specific examples where this can be attributed to the Democratic congress, and not the failings of the administration or a de-regulated financial system.

Go for it. Educate us.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ur buried in FAIL!

...UNSEASONABLY COLD WEATHER CONTINUES AT FAIRBANKS...

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE YESTERDAY AT THE FAIRBANKS INTERNATIONAL
AIRPORT WAS 31 DEGREES. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THIS FALL THAT THE
HIGH TEMPERATURE FAILED TO REACH THE FREEZING MARK. ON AVERAGE THE
DATE OF THE FIRST DAY WITH A HIGH TEMPERATURE BELOW FREEZING IS
OCTOBER 11TH. SO FAR THIS MONTH THE WARMEST TEMPERATURE OF 38
DEGREES WAS OBSERVED ON THE 2ND.

THE AVERAGE TEMPERATURE SO FAR THIS MONTH OF 27.1 DEGREES IS 8.2
DEGREES BELOW THE 30-YEAR AVERAGE. IT HAS BEEN THE COLDEST FIRST 5
DAYS OF THE MONTH OF OCTOBER SINCE 1992.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Let me clarify:

Cite specific examples where this can be attributed to the Democratic congress, and not the failings of the administration or a de-regulated financial system.

Go for it. Educate us.
derrr... from 8th grade Civics...

...the president doesn't have the authority to pass laws regarding the economy or anything else, for that matter. It is the responsibility of the Congress to propose and adopt such laws. It is the responsibility of the president only to approve or veto any congressional legislation.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
derrr... from 8th grade Civics...

...the president doesn't have the authority to pass laws regarding the economy or anything else, for that matter. It is the responsibility of the Congress to propose and adopt such laws. It is the responsibility of the president only to approve or veto any congressional legislation.
So which "law" was it that suspended the up-tick rule back in 2007? Cut interest rates? Instituted mark-to-market accounting? Bailed out Bear but not LEH? :monkey:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Are things looking up?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE7DB153EF933A0575AC0A96F958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.

The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring

etc...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Let me clarify:

Go for it. Educate us.
Not that I'm ever gonna go into bat for N8... but you'll love these:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/features/2189196/clinton-democrats-are-to-blame-for-the-credit-crunch.thtml

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/05/AR2008100501253.html

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

thx dims...

Bwwwahahahahaaaaa!!! you think this sh*t storm was created in 2 years by a Democrat controlled congress alone??!??!!!??

Aahahahahahahahhahhhhaaaaaa!!!!

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
WTC buildings during the Clinton Administration

WTC buildings during the Bush Administration

really makes you think...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
WTC buildings during the Clinton Administration

really makes you think...
Yep, about how in your picture, you can't see the parking garage that was bombed in the first attempt to take down the WTC buildings....

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Yep, about how in your picture, you can't see the parking garage that was bombed in the first attempt to take down the WTC buildings....
exactly, it was only because there was a Democratic president that they didn't succeed!

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Somebody email Samirol that curtix and vbiker have hijacked his log in...
I'm making fun of Nate's logic, he is saying that since the Dems took control of the Congress, the economy started going downhill, therefore the Dems caused the economic downturn

Can we start the revolution now so I don't have to read whinny comments from both sides.
Super wealthy bankers are turning us into slaves and yet you bicker back and forth like little girls..NO, sheep is more like it.

F-dems, F-republicans and f-U globalist.

Continue..

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I'm making fun of Nate's logic, he is saying that since the Dems took control of the Congress, the economy started going downhill, therefore the Dems caused the economic downturn
Whew, you had me worried there for a minute....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

thx dims...

N8 can't even get a " kicked in the nuts " picture right.

There is no shadow under the older Asian gentleman.
It appears that he is simply sleeping, as if on a bus or park bench.
He also has a lower resolution or less focus than the guy doing the kicking.
The leg that is thrown has a blur added to it that poorly disguises the incompatibility of the two images being used.
The man being kicked is actually too far to the kickers right side. This would imply that the kicker can move his hips out of sink with his shoulders in an unnatural way.
Anyone who knows the slightest bit about self-defense knows to never directly face your opponent or open your arms up exposing your mid section while kicking someone.

So like many of N8's posts, this photo is a total fabrication and a misrepresentation of the truth.