Quantcast

Who's going to Crankworx?

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
I won a trip for me and 3 friends, so we will be there from the 8th till probably the 11th. We got VIP passes, hotel rooms, complete works... its rad.

The Whistler one....... colorado starts this weekend right?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I guess I'll be there for a few days. I'm planning on going on the 13th. I didn't know it would be during Crankworx. Any suggestions on good places to stay (that don't cost way too much)? I know of two good hostels that I have stayed at, and I'll probably call them when I get home from Canada in a week or so to see if they have room available. I need somewhere for at least 3 people for about a week.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
15th-23rd for me. I was hoping to get into the employee housing, I'm already registered. Problem is they don't take reservations and I haven't heard back from the lady there. I emailed last week. Any suggestions on cheap lodging if it doesn't work out? there will be 2-3 of us.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Going for the first weekend and then hitting Silver Star for the week.

Should be all to ourselves!

Then a couple days at the Shore. Should be an epic week.

I've heard the braking bumps and traffic get retarded during the week of crankworx at wizzler.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I MADE IT!!!!

Im at Silver Star right NOW for a few days.... then on to Whistler. The weather looks like rain this next week in Whistler.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Silver Star is super dry too. They said it hasnt rained for awhile. There is a good 3-4" of dust/powder on the trails.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
was going to hit northshore on the way back, but didn't.... after 3 days of straight riding, and one of those days trying to keep up with Lopes and Gracia, my hands, fingers, and wrists were completely swollen.... plus I slept all the way home, and I'm still beat.... but what should I expect since whistler was my first time back on a bike after about a year and a half.

The trip was epic though, and I didn't want to go home. I am actually looking at what I can do to move there now. I'm looking at getting a job at whistler if possible and get a 6 month work visa so I can stay there and work. I need to get away for a while and that would be perfect.

Anyway, A-Line and Crabapple Hits was so much fun and I can see why they are on so many videos. My last hour and half there consisted of 10 endurance runs down those trails before I called it quites at 7:50pm on sunday. I am going back, and I hope its real soon.