Quantcast

whos gonna be at SST either on saterday or sunday

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
trailhacker said:
What is the point?
He is polite to the first few guys he talks too, then goes back to putting on the race. He is only cordial to the next group of people he has to talk to then goes back to putting on the race. He is less than cordial to the next guys he has to talk to then (stress levels rising because, after all, he rying to put on a race) goes back to putting on the race. He is short and probably rude to the next group because he has to keep having this conversation over and over again while he's trying to be an independant - read only a few volunteers helping him - promoter putting on a race.
Would you be pissed if you went to the N. Seatac BMX track and they were racing and you tried to ride on the track and they yelled at you to get the f**k off the track? It is a public park isn't it?
Would you be pissed if you were driving through Portland and they had the streets closed for the indy car (or what ever) race? I mean, after all, they are public streets and the people putting on the races don't own the streets right?
"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Your excuses above in no way warrant someone being an asshole to me as I'm just an individual and it's not my fault there were X amount of people inline before me that he had to give his spiel to.. I'm not going to feel sorry for you that I'm the 10th guy you had to ask to step out of the way, because that's the responsibility that comes along with running the race in that particular location. If this gentleman has issues with stress-management, maybe he needs to pass the torch.

I don't expect to be called names by a checker at a grocery store cause the customers in front of me were rude and I don't expect to be put down when I'm pulled over for speeding because the guy before me had a warrant.

"Would you be pissed if you went to the N. Seatac BMX track and they were racing and you tried to ride on the track and they yelled at you to get the f**k off the track?"

Yes, when a, "Hey dude, we're racing you can't ride right now" would suffice, I don't want to be f-bombed.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
oh...my...god...

the point is this...a man asked nicely that everyone avoid a riding area for ONE day to allow for an annual event. is it really that hard? there were numerous threads on various forums about it...signs posted on the BB at the parking area at SST...you would have to be under a rock not to know to stay away from the flow park for a freakin single day...there are how many other places to ride for ONE day? why not take advantage...the riding world does not revolve around sst...

wick should not have to police the flowpark as well as his event...the flowpark shouldnt even be on his mind for things to worry about...its as simple as that. its also as simple as this...
if enough big mouthed dh/fr people get in his face, the flowpark will be shutdown. ever think about that? the riding community is quite lucky there have been some people to intervene and talk with the city and wick and try and work something out...but of course, there are those few that ignore all requests and do what they want anyways....

be responsible about your actions and realize they affect more than just you...

now seriously, let this thread die already!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
i know people want this thread to die but i have one final point. we werent in the way of the races and werent hurting him anyway so he didnt have to worry about it. but he decided to be an ass and butt into our nice day of polite riding in the flow park area

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
cove rider said:
i know people want this thread to die but i have one final point. we werent in the way of the races and werent hurting him anyway so he didnt have to worry about it. but he decided to be an ass and butt into our nice day of polite riding in the flow park area

you just dont get it, do you? the point isnt if you were in anyones way...the point is that it was requested that for ONE day, people go elsewhere to ride and avoid an area that is being used by PERMIT for an annual race....it was no big secret yet the request was ignored, and once again, the fr/dh crowd as a whole is the bad guy because of it....and people wonder why places get closed down?

Jun 18, 2004
I ran into Wick monday at SST... he want's to have a meeting w/the flowpark riders... if everyone is respectful and dosn't get reactionary, then I think it will be productive... he's gonna post some flyers at SST... he said it will be on a Thurs night... most likely a week from tomorrow...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Wick's deal is simple. He has to deal with a sea of jacked-up, lycra-clad racers for x amount of hours. I'm sure any of us would not be fun to talk to after a while of doing his gig.
All I know is my new bike is almost ready (like it's been for a few weeks now). Don't get the place shut down before then or I'll make Wick seem like the tooth-fairy.
That's all.:)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
haha!

ive seen andy pissed off. i highly suggest not making him that way...ESPECIALLY over the flowpark being shutdown. ever see black clouds form over your head? heh...

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
hey i dont have a bike either so i wont get the place shut down thats fo show cause i havent even ridden my new shock their yet. hehe broke it before i could.

seand: no stupid comments about me braking my bike thanks.

when we got kicked out i wasnt even riding then i just witnessed it.

anybody know where this so called "meeting" is going to be held?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
my guess for location would be the field (since everyone has to pass through it at some point to get to/from the flowpark) or the actual flowpark....

either way, whatever representation is out there, please be respectful...its you who is the face of everyone who rides there.

Jan 30, 2005
sest weattle
DBR X6 RIDER said:
At least you know we're not ignoring you!:D

I wonder if Wick is going to bring donuts to this meeting? I like donuts.

maybe if were lucky he'll bring stale energy bars that the racers refused to eats mmmmm chocolate flavored rocks