Quantcast

Why can't I sell my bikes?

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I have two awesome bikes for sale and it seems that the only people interested are willing to pay for it with a cashiers check and then want me to presently give them money for their agent and all that crap. :nope: Damn scammers. :mumble: How hard is it really to bust those guys? Where's leonardo dicaprio when you need him?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
technacly this might be spam, but im gunna help you.

from my experience when somthings been out there for a while, and its on the first page, your price is usually too high, lower it by 50 bucks or throw some extra crap in,
e.g. when i wanted to sell my bighit i wanted 800, after 1 month i finally got i thnk 600 for it plus a tire and some tubes. good luck, just remember stuff isnt always worth as much as youd like it to be :thumb:

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Werd-this is actually a secret advertisement scandal/spam to get people to buy my bikes. DO IT...do it. Buy them, they are so nice and fast and good and pretty and nice...buy them...or one-that's fine too...just one is fine :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Where are you trying to sell them? Just RM? I have hardly sold anything here. I get the best action off e-bay. Sure it costs some, but at least in a week or so you know that your asking too much. ALso i hear MTBR is good... again a cost. I think RM just has too many hooked up people that can already get stuff cheap.

Criminal

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Have you asked your LBS to sell it for you? I just sold my Spec. Big Hit Comp in 2 hours at mine. They can sell anything for me.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Heath Sherratt said:
Werd-this is actually a secret advertisement scandal/spam to get people to buy my bikes. DO IT...do it. Buy them, they are so nice and fast and good and pretty and nice...buy them...or one-that's fine too...just one is fine :)

Heath Sherratt meet Bizutch
Bizutch meet Heath Sherratt. :devil:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
vegas needs an over/under line for the # of days it takes to unload bizutch's DHR each year. it's definitely a good source of entertainment. :D

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Who was it that got all worked up last year when they couldn't sell their '03 DHR to buy an '04? I remember he kept ranting whenever someone would post thier DHR for several hundred less, was that Bizutch? We had a whole economics lesson about supply and demand, yadda, yadda, yadda. So yeah, either you need to advertise where people will see it or you need to expect to get less.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Actually I thought Sideways was a pretty cool guy. He used to post a lot more around here, he's got a lot of ideas about society that aren't necissarily mainstream but he's usually not too into arguing about them. I always thought he was sincere in his beliefs, rather than the typical in your face, rebel against the man for the sake of rebelling, type. You know he's the endless cycles guy right? Reguardless of his viewpoints you can't argue that his bikes are top notch.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Kornphlake said:
Actually I thought Sideways was a pretty cool guy. He used to post a lot more around here, he's got a lot of ideas about society that aren't necissarily mainstream but he's usually not too into arguing about them. I always thought he was sincere in his beliefs, rather than the typical in your face, rebel against the man for the sake of rebelling, type. You know he's the endless cycles guy right? Reguardless of his viewpoints you can't argue that his bikes are top notch.
Who said he wasn't cool? I don't really follow your remarks as in respone to mine. I didn't say anything negative or positive about him.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I wasn't really responding to anything you said, just giving a little additional information about who the often quoted cyberbiker sideways is.

KL

Chimp
Feb 2, 2003
Pacific Northwest
stoney98 said:
markets flat. that's all there is to it. Plus, bikes usually sell at the beginning of the season, when there is a demand. If you sell in an "off" time, you're loking at losing a bit of money.
If you want a certain amount, be prepared to wait. I'f you're ok with getting less, you'll sell it sooner.
Do you think this is true for small piece parts like cranks and brakes as well? Or just complete bikes?

Do you think sales soar from Apr-Sep at online mail order shops?

Just curious.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Acadian said:
you seriously need to get a life outside of your computer "Lawnmower Man". Go ride your bike and get off my case. just cause you lucked out and sold yours already, you wanna play Geraldo Rivera. I haven't whined about mine at all this year. If I meet you, I'm giving you a permanent wedgie. :D Yuz uh gonna walks wit a limp eh....! :nuts:

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I hate to say it but I'll be putting my frame up on eBay as soon as my e-mail comes back under my control (stupid network problems). It's frame only though so sorta a different market than yours Bizutch. :nuts:

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I'll buy it. I just need your bank account number, social security number and your birth certificate so I can make a direct withdr - I mean deposit. ;)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Bullitrider said:
I'll buy it. I just need your bank account number, social security number and your birth certificate so I can make a direct withdr - I mean deposit. ;)
Well, what do you know, my shipping agent is going to be in your area.
I will send him over to see you. :nuts:

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Stick to your guns I sold an ac1 about a year ago and everyone on e-bay was all givin me the have you checked how much you want for it crapola. That just means there cheap you ever went to a bike shop and said yeah 3000 thats alot almost to much i can get it down the road for 2000. They usualy tell you to go buy it cuz they know your are full of crap. I would say just keep it on PinkBike and mtbr with alot of pics of the important spots you'll get a bite. Oh yeah since i have no cash right no I would like to say "Yeah the price you want for your bike is 2x as much as it worth so sell it to me for half what you want that is the only way you will sell it." :nuts:

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Yeah, I like the guys that you actually meet and they have spent twice as much on a bargain that they eventually had to rebuild. I absolutley love running into those guys. I know how much bikes cost-there is no way I'll lower my price. It retails for over 5g's and it's in perfect condition. Thanks for the heads up though.