Quantcast

Why do people drink BMC (Bud Miller Coors)?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
So as I noted in the "I'm drinking" thread, I've been on a kick to find slightly less expensive beer. WI has a bunch of 9.99/12-pack canned craft beer that's not too bad. Not spectacular, but again, not bad. Well I was killing some time in the grocery store today, and decided to check out prices for BMC... All of it was 9.49/12-pack of bottles (cans were $0. 50 less). Now, obviously the math changes when you're buying 30 packs of generic "beer" for $10, but if you have the opportunity to buy decent craft beer for $0. 50 more, why would you ever buy an adjunct lager? Advertising? I just can't believe that someone would actually prefer the taste of BMC....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Advertising and desire to not stand out/be ridiculed as an "elite" by one's mouth-breathing "buddies."

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I love craft beer. So much so that I brew often enough to keep my keezer filled with 3 kegs and usually have my other 3 kegs full of beer, waiting for a spot in the keezer.

If I'm going to the woods to ride or dig (something I do often), I want to bring cheap beer in cans. I don't want to pay for craft beer in a can, it's too expensive.

I don't put the two types of beer into the same category though. craft is craft and bmc is something different. Like frozen pizza vs. real pizza. They only share the name....

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I had my first Coor light last week. Was impressed with it's water like taste. It's now my go to beer when I'm heading out to the woods...

that is, if I'm not buying Miller Lite, 211 or some Ice beer..... :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Don't always drink cheap beer, but when I do it costs a hell of a lot less than BMC and tastes just as bad.

Jul 1, 2011
Melbourne FL
People drink those beers because they like them and are not swayed by what others think. You don't like the brands? Don't drink them.
:thumb:

Ill second that thought. I actually dig a bud light or coors light once in a while. Sometimes I find with certain foods I actually prefer a beer thats on the light side. Whats wrong with tasting my food when I eat it and not just tasting a beer aftertaste.

Now that said, I much prefer hoeegarden, whittikerke, or red stripe to a bud light... but I dont see the need to knock em... or the people who drink them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Those brands fall into the 'sports beer' category for me.
If two stroke motors are involved, i'm fishing/boating, working or simply drinking all day in the sun those are my go to.

Just having a couple of beers at home or at a bar and I'll drink better stuff. The DFH 90 on tap last night was tasty but some of the other 'craft' beers I had were the usual overwraught crap that passes as 'good' beer simply because they charge $9+/six pack and have an artsy label.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
For me, the "it's hotter than he11 out here and I need a beer to cool off" or "I'm takign the dog for a walk in the woods after work" beer is almost always Tecate.

I can get a 30pk for about $20, so cost is good. It tastes better than BMC to me as well. Even better with a lime in it.

The other one I do some times is Kirin or Sapporo. I can get a 12pk for $6 at some of the Japanese markets around here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bmc is great when i wanna drink like 20+ beers and get super hammered, launch fireworks at friends, and make bad decisions in general