Quantcast

Why I hate people

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I went for a great four hour ride in Sycamore yesterday. Up and down, up and down and lots of single track. By the time I got back to my car I was worked and thinking seriously about some food.

I parked on the PCH, the little dirt lot just North of the State Park entrance. LAST TIME I EVER DO THAT. When I got back to my car I saw that someone had bashed in my passanger side window and stole my mp3 player. This is why I hate people. What a ****ty way to end a ride. I noticed that another car had the same thing done to it.

Anyway, I've always avoided the $10 entry fee to park in the state park lot, but not any more. Anyone riding there beware!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Thanks for the warning, and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Question though, did you leave your mp3 player in clear sight?

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Yeah I did leave it in plain sight. Stupid, I know. I just wasn't thinking about it.

I could have prevented it but that doesn't excuse what someone else did.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Dang, that sucks.
We park there too but will have to rethink that.
Where's this state park at? Right by the 52 offramp on that dirt road leading into Spring Canyon/Mission Trail?

orvej

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Yeah I did leave it in plain sight. Stupid, I know. I just wasn't thinking about it.

I could have prevented it but that doesn't excuse what someone else did.
Thanks for being honest; I asked because I wanted to know if the theives broke into random cars or if they saw something they liked. I hate theives, and nothing can forgive what they did to you. I'm sorry it had to happen.

As a wise man once said, "don't tempt an honest man." Tough lesson learned...I've been there too (jacked commuter bike).

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Ozzer, I was parked on the PCH side of Sycamore Canyone, not the 101. I was parked directly across the street from the Pacific.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Ozzer, I was parked on the PCH side of Sycamore Canyone, not the 101. I was parked directly across the street from the Pacific.
Ohh. THAT Sycamore! We have the same trail name here in San Diego County and it's in Santee. My bad.

Sorry again for the loss, mang.

-orvel

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Same thing happened to my buddy a few months back in the same area while he was surfing. The thief stole his backpack which had nothing but a journal and sweatshirt inside. The idiot didn't even check the console where an iPod and wallet were sitting, strictly smash and grab. Crazy thing is I get a call from the police a day later that my buddy had gone missing. They asked if he seemed 'stable' last time I saw him I said ya, especially considering someone had just smashed his window and taken his backpack. Turns out they found the backpack at the edge of a cliff in a park a few miles away. They thought he'd jumped :clue:
I called my buddy right then and he picks up. When I told him the police though he was dead he didn't believe me until they beeped through on the other line :)

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Same thing happened to my buddy a few months back in the same area while he was surfing. The thief stole his backpack which had nothing but a journal and sweatshirt inside. The idiot didn't even check the console where an iPod and wallet were sitting, strictly smash and grab. Crazy thing is I get a call from the police a day later that my buddy had gone missing. They asked if he seemed 'stable' last time I saw him I said ya, especially considering someone had just smashed his window and taken his backpack. Turns out they found the backpack at the edge of a cliff in a park a few miles away. They thought he'd jumped :clue:
I called my buddy right then and he picks up. When I told him the police though he was dead he didn't believe me until they beeped through on the other line :)
Wow that is crazy!!!

Yah that def. sucks!! I hate people like that. I had three kids going thru are parking lot in the middle of downtown at lunch time. Looking for unlocked cars i caught one with his hand down a Co-Workers window. I went out there and they saw me coming and took off. There just happend to be a cop right across the street I yelled at him and he didn't do $hit. I went over to him and told him everthing and he just said, "I didn't see anything" Man I was more pissed at the pig then the kids.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Same thing happened with me. They were in a rush because they decided to not take the $90 sun glasses in the console and they didn't look in the glove box where my wallet was sitting.

I take that as luck. Only thing worse than a thief is a stupid thief.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Local Oxnard gang-bangers cruise that area and BBQ at the park. A guy was shot and killed right there a few years back, just hours after I rode through.