Quantcast

Why internet forums can suck sometimes.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Let me start off by saying, I'm the first to admit my douchiness by even re-posting a link to this in RideMonkey, but considering this particular user has been banned from this site, I thought perhaps some of you would like a reminder why.

http://www.hcor.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=355151#355151

I'll admit, my reply is probably a bit quick and harsh. But in all honesty, why not just be a man if he knows who I am and simply say to my face at the mountain that he doesn't "like the way I look" or whatever his problem with me is.

People need to grow up. Considering our sport is finally experiencing a HUGE turn-around and massive growth, the last thing we need is for people like this to go and ruin it for the rest of us.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
even before i clicked on the link, i had a good idea who you were referring to, and my hunch was validated.

the guy is a total idiot. don't waste anytime thinking about him.

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
You know, most people say save your tears. You however, have shown that it's better to just cry out your miseries, than keep it bottled inside, especially if a guy hurts you emotionally.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ok I'm not trying to get in the middle of this whole argument, but I'm friends with the person in question. His internet persona isn't very much like the person he is in real life. He's a pretty cool guy (to me at least). He likes to run his mouth a lot on the internet, that's all. He's a sh*t talker. Don't let it get under your skin.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm not sure I've met anyone on these forums who is as much of a complete f*ckwit as ViciousDHer.

I'm not even going to start on the asinine history he had here, because there's no summary of dealing with him that would possibly do justice to the utter stupidity that dribbles out of his mouth (or keyboard) and got him banned here.

With respect, jonKranked, I don't buy the "...but it's just the internet" argument either. I'm sure he's nice to some people but just because it's online doesn't mean it's not a facet of his personality, and anyone who exhibits the level of disrespect, childishness and disregard for others that he does is not someone I'd want to deal with. I found it laughable that a handful of people took up arms against the decision to ban him considering how useless most of his posts were, consisting a lot of insults and flaming.

I don't hate him or spend even a second thinking about him in daily life, I just have utter disdain and contempt for him and the way he treats others.

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
here's an example of how douchey this guy is....he took it upon himself to be an ebay scam savior...he thought that a legit auction a friend of mine put up for a bike frame was a scam (not sure how he came to that particular conclusion but it's apparent that his capacity for critical thinking is about on par w/ a sea slug), was the high bidder, and then refused to pay.

Krzr3000

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Yea the well known plattekill mascot who parades on the NE mtb forums causing everyone to have a pre-conceived hate for that mountain before they go. You would think having a kid who makes it to international world cup racer status would make him want to be a better ambassador for the sport?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm not sure I've met anyone on these forums who is as much of a complete f*ckwit as ViciousDHer.

I'm not even going to start on the asinine history he had here, because there's no summary of dealing with him that would possibly do justice to the utter stupidity that dribbles out of his mouth (or keyboard) and got him banned here.

With respect, jonKranked, I don't buy the "...but it's just the internet" argument either. I'm sure he's nice to some people but just because it's online doesn't mean it's not a facet of his personality, and anyone who exhibits the level of disrespect, childishness and disregard for others that he does is not someone I'd want to deal with. I found it laughable that a handful of people took up arms against the decision to ban him considering how useless most of his posts were, consisting a lot of insults and flaming.

I don't hate him or spend even a second thinking about him in daily life, I just have utter disdain and contempt for him and the way he treats others.
I agree.

If I had such a hateful personality that I needed to hide my identity to spew venom, that tells you something.

I get into my share of arguments, both in real life and on the intraweb, but it is who I am.

Whoever this guy is, he is just a douchebag. There is nothing else to be said about him.