Quantcast

Why no reporting on Shawn Orrechio and the demise of Diablo?

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
This thread delivers in typical RM fashion. Internet Speculation, Check. Thread derail, Check, Russian Tranny Photography...........................PRICELESS :D

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Mr. General Lee and I are just fooling around.... Completely Harmless.... But... He is my Next Tranny Model i'll be photographing soon!

MTBXRacing

Chimp
Jun 26, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
It's a shame Diablo's demise happened but on a brighter note Mountain Creek may do what Diablo aimed to be all along a park for riders by riders, only time will tell. Season passes purchased from Diablo should be disputable with the CC company or if you have proof of the purchase I believe Mountain Creek said on their website they would honor all Diablo season passes purchased. As far as Shawn is concerned he's history with MCBP. Whats a real shame is the US Open won't happen this year at least not a MC.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It would take real investigative journalisim to get and frame the full story, and it doesn't seem like these sites are working in that line of work. It's mostly quick blips and regurgitated press releases. All the places you mention are supported through advertising. Advertisers don't like controversy.
I know it's real fun to speculate about conspiracy theories. Way more fun than reality. But sometimes my jaw just drops at the absurdity of accusations like this, especially from long-time and typically rational posters.

Do you know how much investigative journalism costs? Or ANY kind of content program for that matter, that's not based on the good will of volunteers?

Tell you what. Send me an email with some writing samples and the amount of time you're willing to commit, per month, to content on this site - either for free or nearly free. I don't mean this in an aggressive or unpleasant way: I am offering you this opportunity to step up and show me that I'm wrong.

I know that all forums speculate left and right. I think there's a little bit of a gap, though, between speculating about, say, whether Intense's new frame is flexy, and speculating that a site like this where we work hard to bring you a free service has some kind of malicious agenda to cover up for advertisers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'd just like to add that the mods, myself, and Mr. Bishop are simply a PM away. There's no great evil empire or conspiracy - the people running the daily operations are still the same people, and FYI, I have no idea who has ad contracts with us and who doesn't. I don't deal with the business side.

If there's ever something you think is missing, concerns about how the site is being run, suggestions for a story, or anything you think is important... just reach out. PM is fine, or my email address is binaryvisions at ridemonkey dot com.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'd just like to add that the mods, myself, and Mr. Bishop are simply a PM away. There's no great evil empire or conspiracy - the people running the daily operations are still the same people, and FYI, I have no idea who has ad contracts with us and who doesn't. I don't deal with the business side.

If there's ever something you think is missing, concerns about how the site is being run, suggestions for a story, or anything you think is important... just reach out. PM is fine, or my email address is binaryvisions at ridemonkey dot com.
i'll tell ya what's missing.... my moderator powers

:D