Quantcast

***Why Not Wednesday GMT***

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Taking a break from snorkeling, it is amazing. Baby turtles (and big ones) everywhere...
So this is the coolest thing about this trip. My kiddo has been in dual immersion classes since first grade. He has up to now been a little shy to use it, but here he just can't stop speaking acceptable Spanish. With the customs agents, the car rental dudes, the hotel staff...everyone, even other kids at the pool.
I can honestly say that he is bi lingual. He needs more vocabulary and grammar, but what he is doing is great.
Proud parents here, the dual program has been awesome...

We flew united, and it was fine, except for the insultingly small pitch of the seats...it had to be 28". Ridiculous.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Taking a break from snorkeling, it is amazing. Baby turtles (and big ones) everywhere...
So this is the coolest thing about this trip. My kiddo has been in dual immersion classes since first grade. He has up to now been a little shy to use it, but here he just can't stop speaking acceptable Spanish. With the customs agents, the car rental dudes, the hotel staff...everyone, even other kids at the pool.
I can honestly say that he is bi lingual. He needs more vocabulary and grammar, but what he is doing is great.
Proud parents here, the dual program has been awesome...

We flew united, and it was fine, except for the insultingly small pitch of the seats...it had to be 28". Ridiculous.
tell him to cut that shit out on the return flight or customs won't let him back in.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hung with my buddies that are professional growers last nite. always fun to visit them. watched a shitty movie about some dumb ass hockey player who got lost riding at Mammoth. Spent most of the movie trying to figure out where it was shot. Turns out it was Snowbird.
In other news the yoga teacher ive been seeing is all up in my head. wasnt expecting someone to impact ol' TN like this. :wtf:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
boris/endon were loud last night....it felt like someone lightly poking me in the chest for two hours.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
By the end of the year I will have paid off enough on the new mortgage to drop my PMI and will be a full year ahead of schedule. Hoping to have an extra 80k paid off when I go to and adjustable rate in 10 years. This will allow me to refinance with a 10 or 15 year if the adjustable rates end up being high. If not I will continue to pay extra and hopefully wrap the 30 year in under 20.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
By the end of the year I will have paid off enough on the new mortgage to drop my PMI and will be a full year ahead of schedule. Hoping to have an extra 80k paid off when I go to and adjustable rate in 10 years. This will allow me to refinance with a 10 or 15 year if the adjustable rates end up being high. If not I will continue to pay extra and hopefully wrap the 30 year in under 20.
one other way to get ahead if you're not already going it is switch to paying biweekly instead of monthly

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
one other way to get ahead if you're not already going it is switch to paying biweekly instead of monthly
If the fixed rate interest is amortized across the life of the loan how does that help? My tired brain can't see the benefit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
couple years on a 30 year if i'm not mistaken
I think you are mistaken. Most mortgages, including mine, to not reduce your interest liability if you simply pay your normal amount early. You could also just make regularly full monthly payments two weeks earlier, either way, it makes no difference they ain't gonna cut you a break. YMMV but this is how most mortgages work.

The advantage is that paying every 2 weeks is 26 half payments per year which = 13 full payments per year not 12. Might as well just pay extra during your normal payments and do half the paperwork.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement this.

or setup autopay and not piss around with paperwork at all.
Yeah, we just stick to monthly and pay extra to avoid the extra work. Too tired to realize that it equalled one extra payment per year. The extra cost in stamps needs to be calculated across 30 years otherwise :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, we just stick to monthly and pay extra to avoid the extra work. Too tired to realize that it equalled one extra payment per year. The extra cost in stamps needs to be calculated across 30 years otherwise :)
do you guys really not have online / autopayments as an option? i mean, its fucking 2017.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
do you guys really not have online / autopayments as an option? i mean, its fucking 2017.
I do online payments, but it only allows me to schedule regular monthly payments.

As a side note I pay no penalty for late payments less than a week. I am actually better off paying my mortgage 6 days late and collecting the extra 6 days interest. This will net me a few hundred bucks over the life of a mortgage.