Quantcast

Why the hell is Hilary still in?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Fixed it for ya. :lighten:

edit: popular vote, not counting Florida/Michigan, Iowa, Nevada, Maine or Washington - Popular Vote Total
Obama - 15,926,271 49.6%
Clinton - 15,215,367 47.3%
Obama +710,904 +2.3%
and that, too, means jack.

who's to say what effect that had on the (potential) voting populace after MI & FL were denied.

regardless, this isn't a clear case of voter disenfranchisement, which is problematic for hillary, but less so for the DNC as a whole.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

edit: popular vote, not counting Florida/Michigan, Iowa, Nevada, Maine or Washington - Popular Vote Total
Obama - 15,926,271 49.6%
Obama +710,904 +2.3%
I like to see her tout "winning" Michigan seeing how she was the only one on the ballot. It would have been funnier if she would have lost to a write in candidate Benjamin Dover.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Obama - 15,926,271 49.6%
Obama +710,904 +2.3%

Sorry, but you are going to have to count MI & FL in the popular count... those voters exist no matter how much Obamaites wanna push them under the bus.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
in addition to that, Hillary approved of ignoring them before the election... then they voted for her, so she changed her mind.
MI is much less Hillary's problem than it is the DNC's problem.

Still, discounting the FL & MI vote... I'd say a lead of .0025 of the popular vote isn't exactly an commanding majority. Hillary should and will stay in it.

*edit: Toss out MI and it's Obama by 416,132 votes and the 2.5% advantage shrinks less than half... at 1.2%.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
if you can't read, listen
git u sum!!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/07/limbaugh-comes-out-for-obama/

Limbaugh throws support to 'weaker' Obama

Rush Limbaugh, between crowing about the success and attention of his "Operation Chaos," switched sides in the Democratic primary this morning.

"I now urge the Democratic superdelegates to go publicly make your mind up for Obama," he said.

Earlier, he said, "I'm now tempted to tell superdelegates to pick Obama because I now believe he would be the weakest nominee."

Limbaugh had been urging his listeners to support Hillary as the only chance for Republican victory in November, and to extend the Democratic primary. Exit polls and anecdotes suggest that many did.

Not sure there are really a lot of dittoheads among the superdelegates, however.

Also, he took an obligatory shot at McGovern, who just called on Clinton to drop out.

"Mcgovern in his lifetime wants to see someone lose worse than he did," he said.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
He certainly is a White Elephant.
Limbaugh on Obama;

"I now believe he would be the weakest of the Democrat nominees," Limbaugh, among the most powerful voices in conservative radio, said on his program. "I now urge the Democrat supereldegates to make your mind up and publicly go for Obama."

"Barack Obama has shown he cannot get the votes Democrats need to win – blue-collar, working class people," Limbaugh also said. "He can get effete snobs, he can get wealthy academics, he can get the young, and he can get the black vote, but Democrats do not win with that."

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
He sure has a thing for black QBs.
or at least has a penchant for calling the media on it.

obama would be another jfk: charming, yet cynical. articulate, but shallow. well-loved, but not for being presidential.

yet for all of these kinda-shortcomings, i cannot forecast a legacy for hillary. it might be one filled with totalitarianism, or it might be strikingly ordinary.

i'll give you this: either of these would be better than lurch from '04

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
as far as the ability to execute the Office, i would expect her to be more effective than barack. she's a more crafty & shrewd shape-shifter w/ crazy jedi mind skills. under scrutiny, barack shows weakness.

she's a fvcking machine who believes in her electability. plain & simple.

if it's likeability you want, vote for obama.
She is like that machine that would squeeze playdough through the hole and it'd come out in the shape of heart and stars. Only she doesn't squeeze out playdough.

:monkeydance:

Apr 30, 2008
Hillary is still campaigning because democrats care more about their own careers than the good of the party. The reason republicans don't do this **** is because they drop out as soon as they know they're gonna lose so they can kiss the winners ass, get the vice president seat and make being republican seem less dirty than being a democrat so they can and will win. I'm voting Obama but McCain's got this in the bag.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Those people appear to be complete retards. They talk in their mantra about how it's some great moment in history to have a woman and a black man coming to the convention, and yet the goal of their group is to disrupt it.
I think the residents of Denver are not that pussified.. pretty sure that is a typical gun ownin' western state where people take defending their property & businesses deadly serious.

Seattle it aint.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
denver proper has very complicated (read: contradictory) gun laws, which will mean fck all come the reckoning. this place will look like vermont this summer

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hilary hanging tough i the best thing that could happen to the GOP right now. She will singlehandedly wreck the Dems chances of taking the White House.
May as well get used to another 4 years of Republican asshatery.
C'mon Ron Paul!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
this place will look like vermont this summer
impossible, there are way too many black people in colorado.

and just as an fyi, burlington and brattleboro are really the only places in vermont that are full of ultra-liberal hippies. true vermonters can easily be mistaken for people from maine or new hampshire, with the exception that they are slightly less redneckish.