Quantcast

Why won't my DHX off a Specialized SX fit my '06 SX?

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
So, awhile back I bought a Fox DHX 5.0 from someone who took it off a Specialized SX. The shock doesn't have the Air boost valve. So I recently bought a Specialized SX and was going to mount the shock onto it, but it won't fit. Does it, and I just don't think so. Also, what shock are you running? Thank you

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I'm thinking you need to get the right shock shuttle.. My guess is with your short original shock, the mounting point on your shuttle is closer to the seat tube than an SX trail shuttle. I have heard that the SX trail shuttle isn't compatible with the other enduro models, but I'm not totally sure that's true. Maybe your shop can call specialized and confirm/ order you one (if they fit). Good luck!

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
After checking the Specialized website, I see that the SX Trail is alittle longer then the SX. I need to get the RP23 Shock. Thanks for the help.

-rsklhm-

Chimp
Sep 27, 2007
What size is your SX? Ive seen multiple Enduro's along with mine setup with both dhx5.0 coil and air. I have to have mine in the slack shuttle but other than that no issues. Send me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I think I found out the reason. Its just the SX Frame, not the trail which is longer. It was out fitted with a Fox RP23 orig. and the guy put a Avy Chubie on it. I bought JUST the frame. So now I need to find a Fox RP23 for it. Thanks.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
I'm in the same boat. I bought an '05 SX and the 5th element that came on it is blown. I had the Spec dealer call Fox and they said the RP23 they make for the SX is a custom shock and not the same as the aftermarket ones they sell. I'm not convinced that an aftermarket RP23 won't work, but that's the info I have so far. I'm trying to get one through Specialized. Good luck to us both!