Quantcast

Wicked Ride of the East (Harold Parker, MA)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
these are my local trails (about 4 miles from either home or work) and it's a great network. each fall the local NEMBA chapter puts on a self-guided ride as a fundraiser, w/ arrows for loops of differing length or technicality. i hooked up w/ mtbtom and larry yesterday for a jaunt on the 'expert' loop, and though i've literally ridden this park 100s of times, it's big, and new trails get built yearly. i found some new-to-me stuff at upper salem pond, and it was a goddamn treat. there's not much climbing @ HP, but some seriously bony singletrack and short, steep ups are abundant. about 12 miles into the 16, i was flagged, but soldiered on to the end.

yesterday's loop didn't get over to the rt 125 side of things at all, but maybe the torrential rains the day before forced some trail re-route. regardless, there was plenty to ride, and the trails were in great shape considering we got 2" of rain the day before. here are a couple of pictures:

larry:

mtbtom:

x2:

some leftover foliage which hadn't been blown down yet; pond overlook @ terry's trail:

one more mole's eye view:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
where'd we miss the turn? would it have taken us more towards the dirt lot?

nice pics, and hope you had a good day afterwards too. how's the cd treating you?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Narlus - do you still run that big wide high volume Geax tire on the back?? the front looks like something different than a Geax though - is it?

Is that IF a 29er?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
as a matter of fact, i took it off before the ride to change a flat, and put on the new michie i bought a few weeks ago.

larry's bike is a 29er IF; same bike you may recall from the Pisgah photos.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How did the Michie perform vs. the Geax?

I'd love to find a Geax for the back of my 29/26 project - that high volume would be a good way to balance out the bike a little bit.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Nice, i've held off riding some of my local favorite winter juants so i can ride thru the winter and not get bored. They are much like that. Techy ups downs, super fun.