La Costa, CA underwater basket weaving, roady hating j/k, fisherman
Interests:
biking, fishing, roady hating
underwater basket weaver

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
go away n00b, go pollute the earth by yourself
Do explain yourself.
Because as of right now, your comment is entirely unnecessary.

I ride Mountain bikes and motorcycles, as of late, the accessibility has not been getting noticeably better. More and more areas are being closed off and more and more people are picking up these activities. Therefore, more people are being crammed into smaller recreational areas resulting in more accidents and more damage to the actual environment in those confined areas.

You must be a road rider if you do not care about accessibility.

Hopefully you were in some way trying to be sarcastic.

MOSH1DH

Chimp
May 27, 2005
Huntington Beach CA
Do explain yourself.
Because as of right now, your comment is entirely unnecessary.

I ride Mountain bikes and motorcycles, as of late, the accessibility has not been getting noticeably better. More and more areas are being closed off and more and more people are picking up these activities. Therefore, more people are being crammed into smaller recreational areas resulting in more accidents and more damage to the actual environment in those confined areas.

You must be a road rider if you do not care about accessibility.

Hopefully you were in some way trying to be sarcastic.
Sorry fonzie18 I miss read your post. trying to read stuff at work. Hopefully this info will open people's eye's to what we can lose.

here is some more info from this site and others.
http://www.warriorssociety.org/News/SierraClubSeeksWilderness.html
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30370 http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=252115read it again closely http://www.petitiononline.com/boxer/
dont sign it if you dont want to. I would like to keep my trail's open so my kid's can ride.

well, I personallydont ride dirt bikes, and have nothing against them, though 2 strokes pollute tons more than 4 strokes. I think people should be pushing for bike acces to more places, rather than throwing dirt bikes on to the same area. I think irt bikers should have places to ride, they just need to be more curtious, sometimes. There are plenty of dirt bikers out there that are really cool dudes, but then there ae those guys who make there visors point straight up, and slap metal mulisha(sp?) all over their 250's, and go and rip up all the trails, and destroy alot of jumps and sh!t. They dust you, and roost, just to make holes and stuff in the ground. I think those people should go do a double back flip nac nac super man off a bridge. Though the people that like to ride, and dont damage stuff just to be "cool", they should have neat places to ride, so i agree with you guys. But people with MM graphics, should have to only be able to glue their throttle open in the desert.

ohh, btw
MOSH1DH
Date of Birth:
October 21, 1974

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
mastercycleman: you are in idiot. This particular petition was put forward by OHV users but the Widlerness designation affects us all. It PERMANTLY excludes any mechanized devices, that means mountain bikes too. So if they lose, we lose. I've already lost trails to wilderness designations in Ojai, so why don't you stop being a jackass and think for a minute.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The problem here is throwing in bicycles in with OHV's. Separating the two would be helpful creating more bike access in Wilderness Areas.

I am not sure how allowing motorcycles and 4WD vehicles on the same roads and trails as mountain bikes helps me...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
The problem here is throwing in bicycles in with OHV's. Separating the two would be helpful creating more bike access in Wilderness Areas.

I am not sure how allowing motorcycles and 4WD vehicles on the same roads and trails as mountain bikes helps me...
MTBs are considered OHV's by the government. A "Wilderness" area mean no vehicles at all, period. Wildnerness is as strick as you can get limiting access. It's so strick that you have to get special permission to even fight a fire in it with vehicles and trail maintence has to be done by hand, the USFS has mule teams just for doing that.

You also can't even use motor driven tools.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
The wilderness designation is simply fanatical; there are several other designations that offer just as much environmental protection without excluding beneficial access, such as fire fighting, search & rescue operations (can't land a chopper on wilderness, even in a life or death situation), etc.

dwnhiller

Chimp
Apr 26, 2006
well, I personallydont ride dirt bikes, and have nothing against them, though 2 strokes pollute tons more than 4 strokes. I think people should be pushing for bike acces to more places, rather than throwing dirt bikes on to the same area. I think irt bikers should have places to ride, they just need to be more curtious, sometimes. There are plenty of dirt bikers out there that are really cool dudes, but then there ae those guys who make there visors point straight up, and slap metal mulisha(sp?) all over their 250's, and go and rip up all the trails, and destroy alot of jumps and sh!t. They dust you, and roost, just to make holes and stuff in the ground. I think those people should go do a double back flip nac nac super man off a bridge. Though the people that like to ride, and dont damage stuff just to be "cool", they should have neat places to ride, so i agree with you guys. But people with MM graphics, should have to only be able to glue their throttle open in the desert.

ohh, btw
MOSH1DH
Date of Birth:
October 21, 1974
so since you cant style or use the full power of a 250 to tear the **** out of the earth thats not riding?
you are weak sauce!

so since you cant style or use the full power of a 250 to tear the **** out of the earth thats not riding?
you are weak sauce!
What are you talking about asshat, im saying that people who "stlye" AKA lame, or "rip the **** out of the earth shouldnt be able to ride, and just so you know,(cause thats my job) I can handle a 250, i just dont ride anymore, and chose not to tear the **** out of the earth. Because I guess I couldnt bring myself to pointing the visor straight up, cause its gay,(not that there is anything wrong with that)

maybe you should read my post over n00b

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
you are weak sauce!

You're a big fan of the rear brake when you ride your mountain bike aren't you?

There are people who ride a 250 well, and then there are people who just spend most of the time looking behind them to see how big their roost is.