Quantcast

Will the Lizards never cease?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I like my idea better. Give the bike bluetooth so it can connect to your phone, but no actual function for the bluetooth other than connecting. I'm sure the bike companies could charge more for this.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I like my idea better. Give the bike bluetooth so it can connect to your phone, but no actual function for the bluetooth other than connecting. I'm sure the bike companies could charge more for this.
Be careful not to be hacked just by advertising the connectivity capabilities:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/29/ble_exploits_screwdriving/

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is it Strava compatible ? Is there a FB app to update your "pressure" status ? Does it also tell you when to shave your legs or schedule an appointment with your personal trainer since you gotta kick some serious ass in cat 3 this season ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Come on. You can do it. That's it. Good. Keep it up. Feel the burn. Harder. Faster. You are amazing. Switch arms. Oh that's it. Yes. You are getting really good at this. You are capable of anything. Harder, faster. I said faster. More. Do it. You are almost there. Home stretch. Oh yes. Your workout is finished. Your cab fare. Now going to sleep mode.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
That might actually be pretty cool. I thought of a similar idea a few years ago while climbing a hill with a chain that I forgot to lube, listening to it grind away and thought "why can't this thing lube itself?". That's just less time spent working on the bike, and more time riding*. Although, using a water bottle mount for the chain lube reservoir is sub-optimal.

* Assuming the device itself requires significantly less time to operate/use/maintain than just lubing the chain per normal.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That might actually be pretty cool. I thought of a similar idea a few years ago while climbing a hill with a chain that I forgot to lube, listening to it grind away and thought "why can't this thing lube itself?". That's just less time spent working on the bike, and more time riding*. Although, using a water bottle mount for the chain lube reservoir is sub-optimal.

* Assuming the device itself requires significantly less time to operate/use/maintain than just lubing the chain per normal.
Their name has made me hate them already. Kill list.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Dirt Roadies have been using a syringe zip tied to the seat tube and an IV line dripping oil to the rear derailleur since forever. These guys have just added Bluetooth capabilities to have Strava posting how many times you lube your chain on every ride.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The ability to self-support in these conditions then becomes more critical so accurate tire pressure reading and the ability to make tire pressure adjustments become really important.
- Yeah when I'm on a very long trip far from home the one thing saving me from dying is having 30psi not 35psi.