Quantcast

Will the military be ok with gays?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You'd think conservatives would encourage putting gays into the line of fire.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well if Obama lets gays serve openly in the military, then a bunch of queers and dykes will join up.

Wait, it's already happened...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I hear stories about females serving on the larger ships hooking on the side. Supposedly they make more on a cruise than the admiral.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I honestly wonder how this will work.

The military can be a pretty harsh environment, even for someone who is well adjusted and "normal". I have a hard time seeing how an openly gay guy is going to fit into an infantry platoon. These aren't "nice" people, they are trained killers. It's not like a football team.

Also, what would happen if one branch of service, say.... The Navy became known for having lots of gays. Wouldn't more gays join the navy, while straight people might avoid it for the stigma? Then in a matter of 10-15 years, 75% of the Navy is openly gay (curtains and crown molding on the battleships) then further out, it's just a gay branch of the military... crazy to think about.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

The military can be a pretty harsh environment, even for someone who is well adjusted and "normal". I have a hard time seeing how an openly gay guy is going to fit into an infantry platoon. These aren't "nice" people, they are trained killers. It's not like a football team.
I would imagine that it's just like now, where the Army has the discipline in place to prevent soldiers from gang-raping women and shoving them in shipping containers, or to prevent it's mercenaries from committing murder.

(Although part of me hopes that a large group of gay soldiers find those men from the first story...... Actually, now that I think about it, can you imagine what would happen if that had been a male soldier instead of a female soldier that had been raped??)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Also, what would happen if one branch of service, say.... The Navy became known for having lots of gays. Wouldn't more gays join the navy, while straight people might avoid it for the stigma? Then in a matter of 10-15 years, 75% of the Navy is openly gay (curtains and crown molding on the battleships) then further out, it's just a gay branch of the military... crazy to think about.
not all hoe-moe-seks-shoe-alls are limp wristed nancy boys.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
After serving as a division Chief in the Navy, after going to dirtbag guys houses on base after the neighbors called Security and seeing how they keep their houses and manage their households, it would have been nice to see some color coordinated curtains and furniture fabrics.