Quantcast

Willamette Pass Racing News

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I got this e-mail on the OBRA list a couple days ago. Looks like Randy is done promoting the MTB races at Willamette, and the Pass themselves are taking over the responsibility.

Hi All

There are a lot of rumors going around about the 2008 races at Willamette Pass not happening. THIS IS NOT TRUE...THERE WILL BE RACES!

I have really enjoyed promoting events and I have met some really great people over the years.
After 10+ years of promoting bike races it is time to scale back some on the races and focus more on Mt Bike Oregon and Oregon Adventures my tour/shuttle service. The last couple years we have had events every weekend mid June-the end of August and me and my wife (whom both also have real jobs too) have decided it is too much.
The change at Willamette Pass will be that I will no longer be the promoter of these races, I will help some with pre race stuff, but will not be at most races. Willamette Pass themselves will promote the events and I know they will do a great job.

Has always Super D races and DH practice are on Saturdays. DH races on Sunday

Here are the tentative 2008 dates (subject to change)

June 28-29
July 19-20
August 16-17

We are also going to TRY and host a free ride contest August 2-3 at Willamette Pass, but this is NOT finalized yet.

The 12/24 Hours of Willamette Pass will NOT happen

Please contact me with any questions

Take care

Randy Dreiling