Quantcast

Willie Nelson Cited for Drug Possession

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:busted:

Sep 18, 1:06 PM (ET)

BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (AP) - Willie Nelson and several members of his band were issued misdemeanor citations for drug possession early today during a traffic stop in Saint Martin Parish.

The traffic stop was conducted on Interstate 10 near Breaux Bridge.

Trooper Willie Williams says troopers smelled a strong odor of marijuana when the driver opened the bus door.

During a search of the bus, Williams say approximately 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and approximately 2/10 of a pound of mushrooms were located on the bus.

The 73-year-old Nelson of Spicewood, Texas; 59-year-old Tony Sizemore of Saint Cloud, Fla.; 75-year-old Bobbie Nelson of Briarcliff, Texas; 54-year-old Gates Moore of Austin, Texas; and 50-year-old David Anderson of Dallas, Texas were issued citations for possession of mushrooms and possession of marijuana and released.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just thought it was funny that they consider this "news". I would think it was a weekly (if not more often) thing. He did get in trouble for sparking up on the back steps of the White House.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I just thought it was funny that they consider this "news". I would think it was a weekly (if not more often) thing. He did get in trouble for sparking up on the back steps of the White House.
Actually, he was on the roof of the White House when he fired up the doob. Willie rules.

I wonder what initiated the traffic stop that led to this incident...the ol' busted tail light trick or the ol' busted tag light trick. :rolleyes: You know Willie is smart enough to make sure his DRIVER is straight.

I have been hassled and made to perform the field sobriety tests truly for no greater offense than daring to be on the road after 11:00pm. One more reason I never hold anymore, especially when driving. If a copper really wants to pull you over and snoop, you simply cannot drive carefully enough to prevent it. I have been followed for miles and miles, sometimes obviously out of the cop's way, in the hopes of me doing something stop-worthy. Most will not fvck with you w/o cause but there is one in every department that believes the ends justifies the means and who does not mind bending the rules a bit if he gets curious about a particular vehicle or driver profile. :busted:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey wasn't the old mayor of SF called Willie Nelson? I guess that's a different one right? Wasn't the mayor a black guy?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I think the most I EVER toked(unwastefully) in a 24hour period was 1/8 oz of the KB, and I couldn't even feel my lower extremities afterwards.
I used to work with a guy who'd smoke about 20 joints a day. Not huge ones, just regular size. Out of curiosity, how much is that weight wise? I used to joke that sooner or later I'd end up in court telling a judge, "Yes, Randy really does smoke that much marijuana..."

Aug 31, 2006
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints and then I smoke two more.

I couldn't feel my limbs last night. Man, I was still wasted when I got to work today. Seriously tho, how is 1.5 POUNDS a misdemeanor? That's a felony, period. The cop could've pretended not to notice, but...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
They was on a road trip. Can't expect them to look for it in every new town they come to. Ther're liquer stores in every corner in South Central, I've heard Ice Cube say, it isn't as easy to find some herb. The courts gotta have some understanding in this..

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I used to work with a guy who'd smoke about 20 joints a day. Not huge ones, just regular size. Out of curiosity, how much is that weight wise? I used to joke that sooner or later I'd end up in court telling a judge, "Yes, Randy really does smoke that much marijuana..."
It truly depends upon the quality of the indo. Even though the weight is the same, you can roll more dubes with commercial mexi than you can with homegrown KB, which is more dense and sticky. If they are regular skinnies, I'd say a good rule of thumb would be a dozen of the dank and a score of the schwag from a solid quarter ounce.