Quantcast

WIM DH news in my mailbox.... Regarding practice times.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
passing on for anyone not on the mailing list.

OK Downhillers, listen up. Due to the cancellation of the Duathlon that was scheduled before the Blastoff Practice at Beacon, we will be adding 2 Hours of Downhill Practice!!! Here is the amended schedule of events for Saturday April 23rd:

10 AM to 12 Noon Downhill Clinic with Ethan Mutoli and Luke Strobel. There are still a few spots available. See attached flyer for more info.

12 Noon to 2PM Sport/Beginner Practice

2 PM to 4 PM Pro/Expert Practice

4 PM to 6 PM Practice for everybody. Last shuttle up at 5:50 PM!!

The first 4 hours we will still split up, hopefully reducing shuttle lines. Then it’s anything goes for the last 2 hours!!

On-line registration is up and running, if you have experienced problems in the last 48 hours, try it again, as everything seems to be working. Remember, you can register on-line until Wednesday April 20th at Noon. Snail Mail entries must be postmarked by this Friday April 15th.

The Beacon Blastoff will be run on the “old” Beacon course, which remains relatively unchanged at this time. The “new” Beacon course has had some “modifications” made, and we have heard what people have been saying. The bottom line is we want the course to be fast, fun and safe. Please take a look at the course when you are here for the Blastoff and let us know what you think. We will do our best to make the course how you want it for racing. Thanks for helping us with this.

That’s all for now. See you at the Blastoff!

The crew at Round and Round Productions

***************************end****************

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
if you mean the set of doubles coming out of the berm after the rock face, I say its a good section but beginners will have a lot of trouble with it, its really tech

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah its one of those hit it right=>smooth sailing or....hit it wrong, case, not clear next 2 sets and pedal like mad to clear berm to berm...and the step up just blows chunks...i say make a little whooop section in there or something...but whatever i dunno if i am even racing....