Quantcast

WIM newsletter....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Greetings to all outdoor Sports Enthusiasts!! Round and Round Productions is very excited to be bringing you this announcement regarding our website. We have been very busy making significant changes to the way we do business on the Internet. We hope you will like the changes and find it easier to interact with Round and Round through your computer. Also, keep in mind that this is still a work in progress, so we appreciate your patience as we put the finishing touches on all of this.

The first thing we have done is completely wiped out the old website and created a brand new one with a look and feel that displays more of what Round and Round is about. The address is the same, www.roundandround.com <http://www.roundandround.com/> and you will find much of the same content. To help roll out the new site, we are having an “On-line Open House.” Here’s how it works: go to the store and get yourself a bag of chips, a veggie tray, some dip and beverage of your choice. Then get back to your computer and log on to our website and start looking around. Enjoy your snacks and refreshments while doing so. We think you will like the changes we have made. A special note to Mac users: The Safari browser works best for the new site, but Internet Explorer will work too!

The next piece that we are working on and should be done with very soon is a complete overhaul of the online registration process. What this means is you will be able to login to the system and create a user profile and register for events. You will also be able add members to your profile. There will be no need for individuals to have their own email address to make it work. Please stay tuned to the website for the announcement that the new and improved registration is up and running. Hopefully it will be online by March 1st. Until then you can print off a PDF entry form and register the “old fashioned” way.

Our goal is that you will be able to look around the website, login and register for events all in a secure and user-friendly environment.

A special thanks to all of our 2005 sponsors who help make everything we do possible!

Group Health
Hammer Gel
Full Speed Ahead (FSA)
Washington State Parks
The Inlander
David’s Pizza
Coeur’d’Alene Brewing
Out There Monthly Magazine
The Spokesman Review
Red Lion Hotels
BCI Creative
Washington State Potato Commission
Sandpoint West Athletic Club
NiteRider Lighting Systems
Michael Angelos Italian Cuisine
Barton Jeep

See you soon!!!

Wendy, Gino, Eric and the rest of the Round and Round Crew!
-- Eric Ewing
Round and Round Productions
www.roundandround.com
509-455-7657

-- Eric Ewing
Round and Round Productions
www.roundandround.com
509-455-7657

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
oly said:
and created a brand new one with a look and feel that displays more of what Round and Round is about.
Well, from the photos on the website, it seems they are all about XC? Anyone else see any DH photos?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Langer said:
Uhg! That reminds me of the SST race last year, riders running down the MIDDLE of the trail, even the men! What is wrong with you people!! Ride down the hill, that's what there for!!! :rolleyes:

BTW: They did add another XC race for the 2005 season :p

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Freak said:
Well, from the photos on the website, it seems they are all about XC? Anyone else see any DH photos?
Glad to see i wasnt the only one to see that....... XC or Cross.... thats the new WIM..... (Were In for Money)

I plan to do spokane 1 as open, then racing at hood/canada the rest of the year.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
ioscope said:
So where do us seattlites profess to ride if not spokane??
Anywhere north (Bellingham, Vancouver, Mission......), or Devil's Gulch. But Spokane is fun too. Or Falls City OR. Don't know of much else.

oly said:
Glad to see i wasnt the only one to see that....... XC or Cross.... thats the new WIM..... (Were In for Money)

I plan to do spokane 1 as open, then racing at hood/canada the rest of the year.
I understand the resentment, but really, do you expect all race promoters to do this for free?? Some sort of volunteer work?? It's a hell of a lot of work to put on a race. I have no problem with WIM, or any other race promoter, trying to make a little coin for there efforts. It costs $$$ to put on a race, there is no gaurantee you'll get that money back. With risk, there should be reward. If more promoters could make some $$$ at this game, we'd have a hell of lot more races to choose from!!!
I believe the issues with WIM were that they did not understand their customer base, at least the gravity based customers, and seemed unwilling to play nicely with local ski resorts. But that's just my perspective as an outsider with some race promoting, and participating, experience.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
PsychO!1 said:
I understand the resentment, but really, do you expect all race promoters to do this for free?? Some sort of volunteer work?? It's a hell of a lot of work to put on a race. I have no problem with WIM, or any other race promoter, trying to make a little coin for there efforts. It costs $$$ to put on a race, there is no gaurantee you'll get that money back. With risk, there should be reward. If more promoters could make some $$$ at this game, we'd have a hell of lot more races to choose from!!!
I believe the issues with WIM were that they did not understand their customer base, at least the gravity based customers, and seemed unwilling to play nicely with local ski resorts. But that's just my perspective as an outsider with some race promoting, and participating, experience.

:mumble: Agreed..... i guess i was taking an easy pot shot. :nope: Its just clear that DH is a loss and the other forms of racing arent. Too bad they cant balance it out more to keep the DH side. and too bad the whole ski resort thing is a loss here in Washington too. Good thing we have canada so close.

BTW... we car pooling to some hood races??

oly said:
:mumble: Agreed..... i guess i was taking an easy pot shot. :nope: Its just clear that DH is a loss and the other forms of racing arent. Too bad they cant balance it out more to keep the DH side. and too bad the whole ski resort thing is a loss here in Washington too. Good thing we have canada so close.

BTW... we car pooling to some hood races??
:thumb: :evil:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Whether I like that the schedule was cut down to 3 races 4.5+ hrs from my house is not important. RnR is a business and they are finding it more profitable to run their Road and XC events.

Easy
More money

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. I grew up in a club that put on races during the year to fund itself. Basically 2 big ones. The labor and time is free as we all donate weekends to make it happen. If we had to pay someone to do the work for the events I doubt we would make much $$$ at all. I think if a series is going to be successful it needs to be run by enthusiasts (more than a couple people) and done outside a 9-5 job.

As it is, I just might make it up to Whistler this summer. :o: :rolleyes: I seem to have a bunch of time on my hands....

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Underground DH league

they have it in salt mines in europe

seriously, we should just have a thread that has tentative/informal race plans, and have everybody time their own race with a stopwatch in their pocket.

o wait, do it without stopwatches.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I've seen that on TV. those races are insane, they have to duck so they won't nail their heads on the ceiling while going off jumps. Those crazy Europeans.....:rolleyes:

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Skookum said:
Hey that new website looks sharp. :thumb: :monkey:

Glad they got it updated... I offered to develop a new site for them a few times... oh well.

not a fan of the layout/structure of the new site but hey anything beats the old one..