Quantcast

Win a Rockgardn Trailstar from Discounted Cycling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC

Up for grabs is a Rockgardn Trailstar from Discounted Cycling. What do you have to do to grab this great piece of armor? Just post your best crash photo or video! Let's see what has caused you pain in the past, and hopefully we'll prevent the pain next time!
---

After a successful first contest in which gonefirefightin earned himself a helmet, we are ready to announce the second Discountedcycling.com contest. For round two of the series, we will be switching gears entirely, moving into photographic territory.

This one's pretty simple, all we want is for you to post your best crash photo or video. That can mean your most epic photo that happens to involve a crash, or it can be your most epic crash that happens to have been caught on camera, blurry and all. If you've got some good post-crash footage, just provide a description of the event so we know what happened!

We've got a fitting prize for this contest: a RockGardn Trailstar chest protector! So bring on your loose corners, wet rock gardens, and precipitous drops; essentially anything that involves biting the dust. Post it up in this thread and we'll pick a winner on the June 19th.

That means the last entry will be accepted at midnight on June 18th.

Good luck and happy crashing.

Attachments

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Chris Higgerson east coast fast pro at a Mount Snow Series race in 2009. He still managed second after this race run crash. He went otb at that rock next to the birch tree.

Last edited:

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Here's my best sequence...

Smoked that tree going really fast. Could've really used the shoulder protection of the Trailstar during this crash...

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Mines a sequence shot, don't know if I can do that but gonna do it anyways.
From a race in Fontana in 2007, me getting blown on a tiny kicker by a 50-60mph gust, this is the result.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Mike crashing HARD.
I'm sure you've all seen it before, but I posted it!

I still think the guidelines should be the crash has to be of YOU, but oh well.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

Me, back in the day somewhere on Mt. Cypress. Note the sweet "freeride look" with Camelback and I may have even been rocking my Skeletools vest outside my shirt. After augering into the ground, I realized I had just created the world's first long travel AM bike (i.e. a V-10 + Marz 66 with severely bent steerer = 10 inch travel bike with 70* HA)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Last day people... Get in your entries before we close it out tonight at midnight!

These are some awesome entries :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry for the delay, guys.

This was a friggin' awesome contest. Choosing a winner was tough.

We could have gone the route of picking the best photograph. There were a few photos in this thread that were, completely independent of the crash contained within, great photos.

We could have gone with the best crash video which is always fun to watch the whole thing unfold.

In the end, we chose the picture that best displayed that moment of terror - the "Oh, SH!T" moment during a crash, where you're simply f**ked and there's nothing to do but wait for impact.

So with that, I present our winner, splat!

Congrats to him.

Incidentally, a couple of the entries were disqualified. The idea of the contest wasn't to post some random video/photo - it had to be either your photo or your crash. If any of you guys see a contest like this and know someone with material to submit, let the photographer or rider know so that they can post it.

Huge thanks to Discount Cycling for keeping these contests rolling. Mike over there is a great guy, he loves the sport, and let's face it, who doesn't like free stuff?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.