Quantcast

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Troy only a second off Gee

the last time a jr. rider was mixing it up at the front with the fastest riders in the world the name Sam Hill comes to mind.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I thought this was a short, fast and fairly simple course? Implying close times??

That guys LOVES flat-out, absolutely shredded everyone!
This is crazy. Look at how close the times are...except his. I don't know what they did to him over the winter but he's killing it.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I thought this was a short, fast and fairly simple course? Implying close times??

That guys LOVES flat-out, absolutely shredded everyone!
the times are pretty close. for everyone after gwin.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008

the last time a jr. rider was mixing it up at the front with the fastest riders in the world the name Sam Hill comes to mind.
I was thinking of Nico Vouilloz. What are the chances this kid could win a race as a Jr? :eek:

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Nice work Mitch and Neko. Good number of american flags in the top 25 so far.

Jun 1, 2011
Denver

How about Brendan Fairclough, I'm pretty sure he got 2 WC podiums when he was 17. Or at least as a junior.

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Very minor thing, but anyone know why a rider would go out of order? Fraser is due down next, but his number (155) is out of order? Just curious, that's all!

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
my fantasy picks suck... had brook earlier this season and he wasn't performing so swapped him for stevie... now back to back races steve has been off his game and brook is killing it... grrrr....

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Chausson and Vouilloz won plenty.
CG may have won one in '99 too but I'm too lazy to look it up.
CG was 21/22 in '99. But he did set fastest time when he won Junior Worlds in '95

Gee was a junior when he won Schladming (I'm told).
He was a 1st year senior. Pretty sure only junior to win was Vouilloz, most recent podium was Brendan in '05, last one to be consistently in the mix was Hill (and Gee close behind) and now Brosnan. I think?

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
Maybe if the camera crews followed me to work every day.
I know that would be a money maker and have discussed it with past co workers however we felt we would all go to jail. example a:

after a lengthy discussion covering the exploitation of pimping/prostitution brought on by a drawing posted on the wall of a snake wearing a bling necklace of gold and ice followed by the word "pimpin" scrawled underneath it on one person in the group/discussion brought up a very good point.

"How can a snake wear a necklace? They ain't got no necks!" No concern about anything in the discussion about pimpsnhoes just that snakes can't wear a necklace cause they ain't got no neck. can't make that up

Real World Jersey Shore all that other **** can't hold a candle to the reality that encompasses some daily interactions that take place in such a "work" environment.

back to regular schedule program.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
didn't ACC also win a junior world champs with a faster time than all the senior women but only got awarded the Junior WC title? [/controversy]
1995 worlds, French federation signed acc up to race the senior women, uci did not allow her to, she was not old enough ( little thing called the rules). Anne won the junior class, her time was 4 seconds faster than senior winner Leigh donovan, but seniors went about 4 hours early, in the mud, course got way faster. The winning junior male, was also faster than senior man.
French fans and national team staff showed up at Award ceremony when leigh got her rainbow jersey and boo'd the **** out of her, in addition to throwing stuff at her on the podium [pure class].

All at being said, acc is and will go down as the best female DH racer of all time, there will never be anyone as bad ass...ever. (but Leigh is the raddest :) )

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Finally get to see what happened with gee's tire from last week. Looks like rankin caught it.

If anything that's a testament to his wheels after ft bill. Can't really see talking much shlt on his tires after seeing this.

http://freecaster.tv/mountainbike/1016690/recap-of-season-and-highlights-of-qualifying-in-windham-by-alex-rankin

And god dayum that track looks fun!
rankin slays as a filmer/editor, so good......shows a lot of reasons why gwin is laying it to everyone too, he's full on moto'ing everything and killing it, some really sneaky inside lines too