Quantcast

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Ah well Freecaster worked pretty much spot on until the red flag then the mobile feed was lost for good! Missed all the runs and watched the live timing :(

Gwins got what could pretty much described as an epic lead now!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
just got off the phone with Cody. he was satisfied with his run (52nd) despite having a hurt hand from practice yesterday. wish could have gripped it more, but not worried. he was SUUUPER proud of Bubba (Austin) though! 23rd on the day, & probably could have place a few notches higher! Apparently he clipped a pedal in one of the wooded sections & "supermaned" it a bit. Need to get that kid clipped in!

Can't express how proud i am of the guys... especially bubba (this being his 2nd pro race ever - first being MSA). Future looks bright for this kid!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Congrats to Gwin with another great race.

Something tells me Trek is going to sell a few of those bikes this & next season.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I don't think that new bike is working for Gee, he doesn't look himself at all. Did you see him land the final container drop? Anybody got a leverage rate graph of the new and old Commencals?

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
UCI Mountain Bike World Cup, downhill : Gwin recorded his fourth victory in Windham (USA)

The fifth round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano in Windham, New York, concluded on Sunday with the fan-favourite Downhill. Rachel Atherton (Commencal) became the third woman to win a World Cup this season, while Aaron Gwin (Trek World Racing) recorded his fourth victory of the season before a wildly enthusiastic home crowd.

Atherton had qualified second behind round three winner Floriane Pugin (Scott 11), who was widely considered the favourite for this short, fast, technical track. World Cup leader and world champion Tracy Moseley (Trek World Racing) qualified third.

While Moseley took the lead with her run, Atherton smashed it on the next run by over two and a half seconds. Pugin managed to beat Moseley, but finished 1.348 seconds behind Atherton, who also won in Windham last year at the World Cup final.

"I love this track," stated Atherton. "It's short, which suits me. It was really dry so I knew I had to go fast throughout. I'm really stoked to be number one here today."

In the World Cup points standings Atherton gained enough points solidify her third place position at 820 points, and could still surpass Pugin with two races to go. Continuing as the points leader is Moseley with 1080 points, followed by Pugin with with 980. The women's World Cup title is far from decided.

Aaron Gwin capped a strong weekend of racing at the World Cup in Windham with the first American World Cup victory on home soil in over a decade when he won the Men's Downhill. Gwin finished over two seconds ahead of Steve Peat (Santa Cruz Syndicate), with Andrew Neethling (Giant) taking third. Gwin's fourth win of the season gives him an almost insurmountable lead in the overall standings.

Andrew Neethling (Giant) took the lead with ten riders to go, only to be immediately topped by Steve Peat (Santa Cruz Syndicate). This is where it stood, as the final rider, Gwin, was about to start. Expectations among the spectators were high, after Gwin qualified first, and the partisan nature of the crowd was clear, with American flags everywhere. The Trek rider was fastest through every part of the course, finishing 2.339 seconds ahead of Peat.

He was mobbed by adoring fans and patiently signed autographs and posed for photos. "It was awesome today, all week actually. It was so great to race in front of the home town crowd. They were all so cool to me. It's been a fun weekend. I'm very happy."

With his fourth win of the five races so far in the World Cup, Gwin has a total of 1110 points. Greg Minnaar (Santa Cruz Syndicate) sits in second with 776 points with a disappointing 12th place today. Gee Atherton (Commencal) sits in third with 657 points after finishing 11th today.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I don't think that new bike is working for Gee, he doesn't look himself at all. Did you see him land the final container drop? Anybody got a leverage rate graph of the new and old Commencals?
Don't think the bike is weak. Gee seems to struggle a little lately so does Minaar......

With the two fastest riders of 2010 struggeling and Hill out injured, it all plays well for Gwin, the new destroyer.

Will be interesting to see how he will handle the preasure in Champery

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
"Will be interesting to see how he will handle the preasure in Champery"

No "pressure" racing in front of the home crowd? Funny how GM didn't win in SAR round 1 huh?

Gwinn’s wins are because "the two fastest riders of 2010 struggling and Hill out injured, it all plays well for Gwin, the new destroyer."

Gwinn beat a healthy Sam Hill and the struggle twins in South Africa. Man the world does not like when the stars and stripes win, even in a sport where we have not won in ten years. Get over it world the USA, at last, has the best DHer in the world.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I started using some RynoPower (The supplements Gwin is using) this week in whistler...never felt more refreshed and energized...seriously.
I am not paid by Ryno, but figured i'd try it...it works.
www.rynopower.com
Jesus, really? Rebranded, sourced-from-who-knows-where supplements and woo bracelets? How long until Gwin pops a clen or stimulant positive from ingesting this crap? The product description page alone should scare anyone capable of critical thinking away. A mouthpiece that promises better balance? Yeah, that passes the sniff test.

There are plenty of empirical studies out there showing the real effect of supplements and magic bracelets. Athletes will often focus on a few obvious, more tangible changes to account for improvements in performance, when in actuality the results can be attributed to dedication in training and confidence in ability.

Also, I puked in my mouth a little when I read this page: http://rynopower.com/story/index.php .

Also, Stik, if you think a "new low" is pointing out that Sam Hill looks a bit out of shape this season, then how should we qualify your supplement spam?

Last edited:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria

No "pressure" racing in front of the home crowd? Funny how GM didn't win in SAR round 1 huh?

Gwinn’s wins are because "the two fastest riders of 2010 struggling and Hill out injured, it all plays well for Gwin, the new destroyer."

Gwinn beat a healthy Sam Hill and the struggle twins in South Africa. Man the world does not like when the stars and stripes win, even in a sport where we have not won in ten years. Get over it world the USA, at last, has the best DHer in the world.
:confused: calm down, i have nothing against a nice and chilled American who wins Wcups

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
wuahahahahahahahahahahahaha...............
butthurt??? compensating for loses of the past????? :D

and a general LOL @
the best DHer in the world

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle

Calm yourself down you fanny, you've taken his comments completely out of context!

Gwin is without doubt on for the double, the pressure is gonna be huge on him surely, I for one am interested in seeing how he copes, probably completely calm and collected as per but it'll be interesting to see.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I thought the opposite when I saw his speed and composure through the rock garden.