Quantcast

windrock-closing

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it all depends on the severity of this winters weather. so far it's been rather lame, believe it or not the trails are "almost " dry enough to ride now. but the little moisture in the ground freezes at night and thaws and stays on top semi-frozen during the day. sooo close to rideable. patience-patience.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
C-ya in June. I am expecting you to take a few days off to get a few days in before the Sugar Nat. And Butch, once again I am holding you PERSONALLY responsable for the quality of that course. DONT SCREW IT UP!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
SinatorJ said:
C-ya in June. I am expecting you to take a few days off to get a few days in before the Sugar Nat.
Dude there is going to be a show down that week. I think Team Morewood is going to camp over this way that week as well. We are going to get some hella training.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You should get Chris Hepler to get Oliver Springs to front the money for it. We could hold a national and have everyone stay in Oliver Springs. Win, Win! :)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
that's just what i meant !!! i mean if you're going to daydream might as well daydream big.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
santacruzed said:
take sugar's lift....they sure as hell dont use it to it's potential
yeah, i've wondered about that. how can you have a norba national at a place nobody rides. (anybody remember the "toilet" comment ?)

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
what up everyone.
hows trail building going Joey
i got two more weeks here in Europe. so im gonna enjoy the snow and the skïing while i can.
i will get in touch as soon as i get back
mark

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
man you are going to have to bring a BIG roll of t.p. when you come "home". because you are literally going to squat and poop a very large loaf when you see what we've done since you were here last. can't wait to get you back in trailbuilding mode. we still have more than 2 months before we open and with the five of us all on the same page building we will definately have the best d.h. trail system around. and howabout bringing back one of those ski lifts in your luggage.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
an hour WALK up the road. How bout a 10 minute ride up in the back of a truck, or a ski lift would aways be better, Hell just build a road straight up the mountain to drive to the top. :P

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
untitledsince89 said:
an hour WALK up the road. How bout a 10 minute ride up in the back of a truck, or a ski lift would aways be better, Hell just build a road straight up the mountain to drive to the top. :P
-- Windrock has an awesome new paved road to the top.Bros out there are good to help a guy or gal out to the top if they can.
But yeah, i have pushed to the top a few times on odd days-blisters on heels suck !

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
yeah chris, that's what one of the a.t.v. riders called to tell me yesterday. our trails were way too wet to work on, or terry and i would have been up there to check it out. our valley looks really cool when it snows a little. the trails melt off first and you can see the whole network of trails very easily from anywhere up high.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Sheeit. Well, on the bright side, the freeride section's intact and anybody who wants to blaze one (a run, not a uh...nevermind) can now do so.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
The destruction basically goes straight down the ridge along the old trail 14 trailbed so except for alot of chainsaw work we should be o.k.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I don't know why I couldn't get the images straight to the background, but thanks. Yea, there shouldn't be much traffic when they're done, but we're gonna get a gravel driveway down to the well.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Once completed they'll need to access it 2-3 times a week is what I've heard. We're optimistic about it's potential since there's alot of loose dirt along the edges for building berms or jumps, but we'll have to keep our hands out of the cookie jar until they're finished building. (hopefully soon)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
just got a bit of good news this morning from the a.t.v. club pres. we've officially been granted the complete ridge crest to the east of our present area. and all of the steep face it contains. this adds aprox. 20-25% more land for us to develop over the next couple of years. we knew that we could probably claim "squatters rights" to it. but it's nice to have an official deed. the road bed that mark has shown ya'll will eventually be a huge benefit to us. we won't be able to a-line it out, but we will at least be able to criss cross berms down the edges, for some high speed zig-zag blazing action.(how you like those puns jeff d ?) and i'm sure we can squeeze a few jumps in here and there.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
actually that's probably going to be the name of our best new trail. mainly because it will. in about 8-10 weeks this thread will be renamed windrock opening. SMOKIN.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN

I stitched 3 shots together to show where the trail 1 rerouting begins. That's sex rock in the upper left for reference. Got some more photos today so I'll post more soon.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Old age moment - is sex rock/this section right after the freeride section/trail 14 crossing (i.e. the rock you basically have to endo off of) or is this section further down?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it's the big flat elevated rock you roll off of with the little rolloff ramp behind it, not too far before the start of the now destroyed(by us) steep section.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Here's a new switchback on trail 1.

Same switchback--from next

turn.

New rock garden on tr

ail 1

Another new section--trail 1

Here's where the new exit of Tr. 1 intersects just below spine.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
as usual, this was another very very productive weekend. and mark will be the first to agree that pictures don't do justice to what we've been building this season. nor do they relay how steep some of this stuff is.good photos mark !