Quantcast

windrock-closing

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
hey Joey...do you guys fill in the gaps between those rocks with dirt to keep them from separating/shifting?
naw man, terry and brian are the "rock puzzle" kings. very few of them move when you're walking over them. and we'll be going so damned fast when we ride over them that it shouldn't be a problem.the goodness that's in those woods that we haven't even begun to utilize is absolutely amazing. terry and i get headaches every time we go on an exploratory hike. you lay out something one way and you look around and see so many more ways it could be done. the hard part is deciding on how to lay it out to best and fastest way possible. this has been soooo much fun this building season.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhbuilder said:
naw man, terry and brian are the "rock puzzle" kings. very few of them move when you're walking over them. and we'll be going so damned fast when we ride over them that it shouldn't be a problem.
just wondering...thought it would work better like when you build a sidewalk out of pavers at your house, you fill in the gaps between the rocks to keep them steady. Figured tossing dirt between them would hold them in place longer and the dirt would sort of settle "under" them and still leave all the rough gaps, etc.

I saw where you had filled stuff with dirt on Southern Rocks is what made me think of it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I just want to say that I think it rocks that you guys are redoing Trail 1. I can't wait to ride it again.
I rode the steep section last year, and I know why you guys had to redo it.
It was toast.
I can't wait to see what you guys do at the bottom as well.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
if we start to have problems with them dislodging, that's just what we'll do. that paticular area doesn't have a very convienient dirt source though. and hauling dirt around in 5 gal. buckets like terry and i did on southernrocks last year, is a chore we dread.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
I just want to say that I think it rocks that you guys are redoing Trail 1. I can't wait to ride it again.
I rode the steep section last year, and I know why you guys had to redo it.
It was toast.
I can't wait to see what you guys do at the bottom as well.
DITTO

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
NOBODY wants trail one back at the forefront of our system as bad as i do. there's absloutely no way to figure up all the time over the years i've spent working on that trail. and now it's back better than i ever could have hoped for. ya'll need to give a big round of thanks to terry jeffers, brian poston and mark webb. without them i would have nothing !! (and mark ziska too,whenever he gets back from his lengthy euro ski trip.)