Quantcast

windrock food drive oct. 14-15

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the windrock a.t.v. club is a major sponser of the local mission of hope food pantry.
the fall a.t.v. jamboree that will be held oct. 18-21 is a major charity event.
and proceeds and donations are forwarded to the mission.
and they annually give many thousands of $$$ to them.

they are instrumental in making sure some of the less fortunate in the anderson/roane/morgan co. area have food on the table and clothes and school supplies for the kids this time of year.

last year at this time, the club was amazed at the amount donated by our small downhill community.
i'd like nothing better than to repeat the same thing this year.

so anyone who plans to come join in our sessions that weekend, could be a big help if you were to donate a little.

canned goods.
non-perishables.
toiletries.
and school supplies are just some of the things that would be greatly appreciated.

the a.t.v. club has done more than ya'll can ever know in helping me to create a place for us to ride.
this is one of the only ways i/we can help pay back and say thank you.

Jun 11, 2004
DONE! I will definately have some donations when I see you on the 14th!

I made a post on FRS as well to see if I can get some donations out of that crew........

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
Hey Joey, I won't be there that weekend, but I would love to help out. Can I send some money, or something.

Also, when is the last weekend for riding at WR? I want to get one ride in before she shuts down.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FYI guys, stopping by GO grocery and grabbing a case of beans or veggies canned is as cheap as 2-3 cans in the grocery store. Isn't there a GO Grocery Outlet right there in Oak Ridge?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Hey Joey, I won't be there that weekend, but I would love to help out. Can I send some money, or something.

Also, when is the last weekend for riding at WR? I want to get one ride in before she shuts down.
actually it's a year round thing.
they'll always be happy to receive items at the permit shed.

as we get farther into november, we start playing it more day by day as far as the weather goes.
usually right around thanksgiving or a little later is when we start getting more rain than can evaporate off the trails quickly.

i'll post when we close for repairs and new construction.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I will give David some things to bring up from Greenville. Wish I could come, but I will be surfing in NJ with my brother-in-law. I will be up at the end of the month to test out the new bike.

Cecil

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
I will give David some things to bring up from Greenville. Wish I could come, but I will be surfing in NJ with my brother-in-law. I will be up at the end of the month to test out the new bike.

Cecil
thanks for helping out.
every box or can makes a difference.

new bike ?
you've had that thing long enough now that you should be on your tenth or eleventh set of tires and third or forth set of brake pads.
the orange paint should be half scratched off and the b.b shell should look like a twelve guage unloaded on it.
it should be completely worn out from the summers riding. :)

nobodies bike should still be new at this time of year.:):)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
thanks for helping out.
every box or can makes a difference.

new bike ?
you've had that thing long enough now that you should be on your tenth or eleventh set of tires and third or forth set of brake pads.
the orange paint should be half scratched off and the b.b shell should look like a twelve guage unloaded on it.
it should be completely worn out from the summers riding. :)

nobodies bike should still be new at this time of year.:):)
Not on a Morewood anymore..:twitch: I already have my new ride for 07 on its way.The Morewood guys are great to work with and have great bikes but I ran across a deal for 07 I just could not pass on. Not going to say what it is just yet, but will throw up a pic as sooon as I build it up. See you at the end of the month. Have fun on the 14th!!!:cheers:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
damn.
i tried bustin your chops.
but i guess i now stand corrected.

see you soon.