Quantcast

Windrock is dangerous...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
even to by standers.

More on that later, but here are some shots of the action...

and just milliseconds after this shot Jeff's pedal hit a rock and kicked his rear wheel sideways. It hit me straight in the face. I didn't even have time to get my hands up in defense. All I remember was seeing the brake rotor.

All told it was 30 stiches with some inside as well.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No, I was taking the picture. I was just sitting on the side of the trail. But I don't think I can make it down to your race now, Chuck. I'll need to save every bit of money I've got for this one.

BTW CHepler and ecspecially his wife Jennifer are some of the best people on the planet. Jennifer's friend who is a dermatoligist came into his office, after hours, and sewed me up. Thanks.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn doug!!!!!!!! you gots one busted grilll!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though...that sucks. heal up fast cause you know when you wake in the morning you are gonna swell up like a balloon....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hopefully this will make you laugh instead of making you want to drive 2 hours to serve up some ass whoopin.......

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i hear ya man...i have been there twice and the times i was walking actually seemed worse than when i was piling it up all over the place on my bike.

Jun 11, 2004
DAMN........that is crazy!

Hopefully it won't keep you from riding too long................

Hope you have a quick recovery!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Is your nose red from the impact or did the rotor actually burn you?

That sucks man. Sucks bad. Hope everything heals up quick and clean!

Look at it this way. The most positive thing you can take out of it is that it was a good thing your wife wasn't taking the pic and it wasn't YOUR bike nailing her in the head. :shocked:

And did you say a dermatologist stitched up your head?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Is your nose red from the impact or did the rotor actually burn you?

And did you say a dermatologist stitched up your head?
My shnoz is red from blood.

Yep he's a dermatologist. I'm going to be kinda bummed because it won't have much of scar. If the ER docs would have done it I'm sure my new nickname would have been scarface. :disgust:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

Yep he's a dermatologist. I'm going to be kinda bummed because it won't have much of scar. If the ER docs would have done it I'm sure my new nickname would have been scarface. :disgust:
Yep, when I had my car wreck in high school, I was in surgery for 9 hours with a plastic surgeon. He even did a skin graft from behind my ear to put on my eyelid. Without that dude, I would have been toast. Another guy I went to school with had a smilar accident except the ER Doc put him back together. He never stood a chance.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Not to hijack but what the hell happened to you that caused your eye lid to fly off?
Windshield broke over my face in an end over end flip off of a bridge.
I was riding with some bonehead who I just met that night.:disgust:
My eyelid had a big hole in it that needed a skin graft. And my braces busted my lips all up, but kept my teeth in.
I got out of that wreck with a broken nose, a few hundred stitches and a fear of riding with other people.:biggrin:

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
Douglas,

It seems one of das Alabama inbreds attacked you with sharp rotten teeth. Take heed das retards will bite when frightened! Did Spazwell miss with People's Elbow delivery from mobile home rooftop? Sorry to see you got it. Spazwell very dangerous creature (werewolf like Michael J. Fox)! Franzie very much like give you face massage therapy.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Douglas,

It seems one of das Alabama inbreds attacked you with sharp rotten teeth. Take heed das retards will bite when frightened! Did Spazwell miss with People's Elbow delivery from mobile home rooftop? Sorry to see you got it. Spazwell very dangerous creature (werewolf like Michael J. Fox)! Franzie very much like give you face massage therapy.
We certainly missed you this weekend.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Windshield broke over my face in an end over end flip off of a bridge.
I was riding with some bonehead who I just met that night.:disgust:
My eyelid had a big hole in it that needed a skin graft. And my braces busted my lips all up, but kept my teeth in.
I got out of that wreck with a broken nose, a few hundred stitches and a fear of riding with other people.:biggrin:
snap son.....

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina

So do you know if it's true that sunlight has a major effect on how bad a scar looks? I've heard that sunlight can cause it to turn into that dark color that most bad scars have. :clue:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
So do you know if it's true that sunlight has a major effect on how bad a scar looks? I've heard that sunlight can cause it to turn into that dark color that most bad scars have. :clue:
That is true for sure.
You are supposed to wear sunblock on a scar for at least a year.
Also cocoa butter/vitamin E helps takes the redness away and makes it heal quicker.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude i was wondering if you were sefl employed cause you can get insurance through NASE (national association of the self emplyed). i have it and its good insurance. the guy contracting me uses as do 2 of the guys i work with. it is costing me abotu 130 a month registered as a smoker.