Quantcast

Windrock Jun 13

Jun 8, 2010
A couple of us Ohioans are thinking about coming down Sunday. Anybody else going to be there? We only have two people as of now, and I can shuttle up to five in my truck.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Don't know of anyone who will be there. I will be at a dirt bike ride on Saturday and may make it out Sunday to do some more maintenance. I got a lot of weedeating done last night. The powerline areas were really thick but they are open now. Plus Starting **** was almost closed in. Not anymore. Southern Rocks still has trees down. I will try to get it opened on Sunday.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I actually like getting up there. When I'm riding I don't take the time to take in the views, details, and massiveness of Windrock. The hike down the OG Windmill trail is one of my favorites. Even working up there and hiking up those steep ass hills is better than watching TV or surfing Ridemonkey.

I was cutting out this 1.5ft diameter hard as hell oak off Southern rocks and when it finally cut through, the uphill side of the tree slid down the hill and just blocked the trail again. I was so gutted. Luckily there is just enough room to get around to the right until I can get back down in there with a larger, sharper saw.

BTW Josh I figured out why it took you guys so long to cut with my saw. You were cutting with the choke on. It took my awhile to start it up and run out all the fuel.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
I actually like getting up there. When I'm riding I don't take the time to take in the views, details, and massiveness of Windrock. The hike down the OG Windmill trail is one of my favorites. Even working up there and hiking up those steep ass hills is better than watching TV or surfing Ridemonkey.

I was cutting out this 1.5ft diameter hard as hell oak off Southern rocks and when it finally cut through, the uphill side of the tree slid down the hill and just blocked the trail again. I was so gutted. Luckily there is just enough room to get around to the right until I can get back down in there with a larger, sharper saw.

BTW Josh I figured out why it took you guys so long to cut with my saw. You were cutting with the choke on. It took my awhile to start it up and run out all the fuel.
Yeah... definitely need to stop drinking in the morning.

Jun 8, 2010
Any locals going to be down there this Sunday? (20th) I'm thinking prolly not, being father's day and SS race 1. If anyone is, I would love to come down there this weekend.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There aren't anymore locals. Me, Tiaoga79, and Ziska may be the only locals left. Everyone has moved on to other things. Don't worry though I have been keeping the trails cleaned up. I am heading up there tonight to ride. Downed trees may be the only things I can't get to super quick. I will be at SS1 this weekend but Tiaoga79 and Ziska may be there on Sunday. Send Tiaoga79 a PM.

Jun 8, 2010
There aren't anymore locals. Me, Tiaoga79, and Ziska may be the only locals left. Everyone has moved on to other things. Don't worry though I have been keeping the trails cleaned up. I am heading up there tonight to ride. Downed trees may be the only things I can't get to super quick. I will be at SS1 this weekend but Tiaoga79 and Ziska may be there on Sunday. Send Tiaoga79 a PM.
good luck at the race this weekend. and thanks for the tip. I will message him.