Quantcast

Windrock - local news

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
you can tell that by the trails he builds!:thumb:
terry, mark, brian and you don't get near the credit ya'll desrve for making the trails up here what they've become.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhbuilder said:
terry, mark, brian and you don't get near the credit ya'll desrve for making the trails up here what they've become.
big extra credit to those dudes Joey...how on earth did they even find their way down to be able to build that mercilessly long and twisting, criss crossing mind bender all the way from the windmills like that? I lost my bearings so many times. How long is that trail distance wise...it seemed like it took us over 20 minutes to get down from out there.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
but getting back to what chris hepler was talking about.

i'm really starting to look a few years down the road as far as this place is concerned. the addition of that campground with it's hookups, the proposed showers and bike and a.t.v. wash area. and all of the improvements this place is going to see. city services and police protection etc...
and the fact that we got in on the ground floor of all this. and we're firmly planted right in the middle of it. and we have new land to build on.
we get treated with alot of respect up here. and there's not too many places where that's the case.

sometime down the road i wouldn't mind seeing a once a year race in the fall. properly organized and run. with up front $$$ for pros.
an event that would get bigger and better with each successive year.
and all thes new facilities being proposed would play right into that.

the trails themselves have been pulling in quite a crowd here lately.
now i do think we're in much better condition to start thinking about a large yearly event.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
big extra credit to those dudes Joey...how on earth did they even find their way down to be able to build that mercilessly long and twisting, criss crossing mind bender all the way from the windmills like that? I lost my bearings so many times. How long is that trail distance wise...it seemed like it took us over 20 minutes to get down from out there.
brian is the only person who out enthusiasms me. when it comes to building here. that trail is all he and mark.
the lower part of that trail is going to give us a huge headstart in developing the eastridge we obtained this past fall.

imagine a much longer version of the gt4 trail winding from the gravel road all the way down into the parking lot. and there's a longer/steeper version of the southernrocks trailbed up in there too !

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
imagine a much longer version of the gt4 trail winding from the gravel road all the way down into the parking lot.
That would too cool. GT4 is alot of fun. A steeper Southern Rocks would be heinous. The current one is a ball breaker.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dhbuilder said:
imagine a much longer version of the gt4 trail winding from the gravel road all the way down into the parking lot.
Seriously all talk aside. That would be awesome.
I love that trail because it is more open and fast with cool corners.
Trying to wrap my mind around a really long version would give me permasmile.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
With a few tweeks, you could get the trail all the way from the windmills to the parking lot to have flow like that (gt4). The new section that Mark and Brian added yesterday has a fast flowy feel to it.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
profro said:
With a few tweeks, you could get the trail all the way from the windmills to the parking lot to have flow like that (gt4). The new section that Mark and Brian added yesterday has a fast flowy feel to it.

That would be awesome. Call me crazy, but GT4 and the trail above thje waterfall are my fovorite trails at Windrock. I like riding steep and rock tech too. However after taking 4-5 falls in a day, it's nice to cruise on a flowy trail.

I could probably make it down sometime in June to help with trail construction.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
seabass said:
That would too cool. GT4 is alot of fun. A steeper Southern Rocks would be heinous. The current one is a ball breaker.
Man, you gotta come on in! You are to talented a rider to be sqandered by park riding.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
brian is the only person who out enthusiasms me. when it comes to building here. that trail is all he and mark.
the lower part of that trail is going to give us a huge headstart in developing the eastridge we obtained this past fall.

imagine a much longer version of the gt4 trail winding from the gravel road all the way down into the parking lot. and there's a longer/steeper version of the southernrocks trailbed up in there too !
Thats right....you know what I like...yeah you keep talkin that dirty business.....

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ChrisKring said:
I could probably make it down sometime in June to help with trail construction.
appreciate the offer of help.
but we won't build anything now until late november thru mid march.
poison ivy and big poisonous snakes will be in season then.
actually saw a huge copperhead sunday on my way down from securing the barricade. right at the end of the culdesac that leads into the upper rockgarden. sitting about two ft. to the right of the line. i'm sure i walked right past it on the hike up and never saw it.

time to break out the snake chaps.