Quantcast

Windrock news

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Joey has replaced the little bridge at the first road crossing with a 13' long x 6' wide span. THe new bridge will end with a droplet that will put you on the road.

It is offical: all spectators and riders will have to purchase an access pass for each day.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
spoke80 said:
Joey has replaced the little bridge at the first road crossing with a 13' long x 6' wide span. THe new bridge will end with a droplet that will put you on the road.
QUOTE]

That's too bad, I was putting a lump of coal in my azz, and everytime I went across that bridge, I could sqeeze it into a diamond. I was gonna be rich. :blah:

Cool, I bet you carry a ton of speed across the road now, that drop in on the other side is going to be interesting. :eek:

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Jeremy R said:
Cool, I bet you carry a ton of speed across the road now, that drop in on the other side is going to be interesting. :eek:
I hope he drops it off the big rock, right before the bulkhead!! :D

Mar 23, 2004
So how much is this going to cost me for access and entry fees? I'll be bringing my wife and 2 kids that do nothing but sit in the sun and wait for me to get done. Do you have to pay a access fee for the mtnx race on sat.?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
mtnbikebmxracer said:
So how much is this going to cost me for access and entry fees? I'll be bringing my wife and 2 kids that do nothing but sit in the sun and wait for me to get done. Do you have to pay a access fee for the mtnx race on sat.?
The race fee is $30 + the $10 Windrock access fee (per day you plan on riding DH). We have NOTHING to do with the Windrock fee. :( Unfortunately if your wife and family want to go anywhere out of the parking lot at Windrock they will have to buy the permit. Its for liability reasons. However the MTNx is on public land, so no fee is required to spectate. :)

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
spoke80 said:

It is offical: all spectators and riders will have to purchase an access pass for each day.
Hrm...13ft long? Seems like the bridge is going to start further up the hill and gradually slope downward to the road. Guessing...?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bigkonarider said:
Otherwise they can sneak up into the woods from the parking lot & just dissapear into the woods ??
We try and do EVRYTHING necessary to maintain a good relationship out at Windrock. This advice is contrary to that in my opinion... :nope:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bigkonarider said:
Let them wait in the parking lot & they don't have to pay...
Or drop em at the 4x track to watch people practice there..
or West town mall is nice while you do your thing...
Otherwise they can sneak up into the woods from the parking lot & just dissapear into the woods ??
Lot's of people will say "you gotta PAY to play"..
my .02 :nuts:
Come on Mike.....you're killing me here! We can't even imply that people should poach Windrock. Plus, when the old dudes catch people poaching they will go to a jail in Oliver Springs where they will be the ones being ridden. :stosh:

Mar 23, 2004
Won't be poaching, sending them to the mall sounds like a good idea. Is there any set schedule yet I may not be able to do the dh any way.
Thanks for all the info you guys have been much help.

jtoomey

Chimp
Jan 29, 2003
Knoxville, TN
You could always spring for the 50.00 pass that is good until the end of the year. If you come for the finals you would come out even. If you come back before the finals you would come out ahead.
I do not know if anyone has said but the MTX course is not at Windrock and there is no charge for the MTX course.

JT

B

bigkonarider

spoke80 said:
Come on Mike.....you're killing me here! We can't even imply that people should poach Windrock. Plus, when the old dudes catch people poaching they will go to a jail in Oliver Springs where they will be the ones being ridden. :stosh:
:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :devil: Mikey bad.......
I meant DON"T sneak up into the woods......
:sneaky:
seriously......!

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
Come on Mike.....you're killing me here! We can't even imply that people should poach Windrock. Plus, when the old dudes catch people poaching they will go to a jail in Oliver Springs where they will be the ones being ridden.
I hope none of you think that I said we should neak into the woods... being that my name IS Mike and I did ride a big Kona last year... :confused: or is there another mike that rides a kona?? I'm new here and I dont know everyones screen name. sorry.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No Nuttypoolog, we were talking to another Mike. ;)

BTW NPL your Intense jumping style at the MTNx was awesome, unlike mine. :(