Quantcast

Windrock open Labor Day?

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
Im hoping that the construction crew isnt going to be spoiling my Labor Day fun at the rock...
Anyone have any updates about that?
Who wants to ride on Labor Day?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
What up! I don't know for sure but I will be in the parking lot Monday morning just in case.

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
Any word if the haul road will be open the saturday before the race? I am back in town now and would like to get some runs in!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yes, Saturday and Sunday. But if there is one thing that I have learned about Windrock is that you may show up and the gate might be closed. Sorry, but that is Coal Creek Mining Company for you. We and the ATV club have nothing to do with it. :confused:

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
thats kool everyone can do runs the day the before....
but not me..... :angry:

i was putting on my front wheel last week and cracked my 888, the day after i had been reading forums about being carefull with dropouts....apparently its quite common....i sent it off today...

[SIZE=[SIZE=6]does anyone have an extra front fork laying around they'd wanna rent out??[/SIZE]?anyways i'll be there labor to shuttle whoevers there and go ride some mtnx later....

by the way ben, andy gotta a SHUPPA 8! kool huh

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
mfzbike said:
thats kool everyone can do runs the day the before....
but not me..... :angry:

i was putting on my front wheel last week and cracked my 888, the day after i had been reading forums about being carefull with dropouts....apparently its quite common....i sent it off today...

[SIZE=[SIZE=6]does anyone have an extra front fork laying around they'd wanna rent out??[/SIZE]?anyways i'll be there labor to shuttle whoevers there and go ride some mtnx later....

by the way ben, andy gotta a SHUPPA 8! kool huh
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing, I mean nothing beats the Shiver for a fork that feels great and can take the abuse of everyday riding.

Sorry to hear about the forks. Overnight them to Marz. and have Marz overnight it back. You should be okay for Friday, if you act today.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
i think i might sell it when i get it back....and i'm actually lookin around for a shiver....i read some forum, a guy had cracked his twice...

i sent it three day air...so maybe by next week, i hope...

i guess i'll see you guys on labor day or the weekends to come....

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I saw one some where for $275. It was a 2001 Red version. They have only changed slightly through out the years. The only big change was the addition of too much rebound damping in 2002. Buy used and put Golden Spectro fork oil in it. Can't be beat. :)

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
yeah i'll keep my out....

so i talked to Joey yesterday and he said you were out there workin on the race course.....he said you guys were gonna run it down side hill to freefall to the spine....

THATS GONNA BE SICK!!!!

i'll be there this w/e to help out

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, I weed-eated the open section of side hill. Man that was OVER GROWN! I also weed-eated all the way down to Jawbone, slid down on my a$$ down free-fall, then raked all the way back up. Holy poo I am still not recovered from that. Worse than riding.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
bigkonarider said:
keep the rubber side down Doug...! :blah:

hey dude "mfzbike"..I have a 99 Nice Monster-T w/02 stickers to sell for $300

I just need a temporary fork until mine comes back from warranty

thanks for the offer though

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
mfzbike said:
i think i might sell it when i get it back....and i'm actually lookin around for a shiver....i read some forum, a guy had cracked his twice...

i sent it three day air...so maybe by next week, i hope...

i guess i'll see you guys on labor day or the weekends to come....
Mfzbike,

Is your fork an 888 rt? If so, is it the 200 or 170 mm version? Pop me an email (see below)... I just might be interested in a swap with a Shiver depending on which version you have and what travel it has.

-Eric (CAbiker)

FYI. I am about to move so it won't be at least until mid september before I get back on my feet on the GA soil.