Quantcast

windrock pictures

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I am glad that so many people want to get involved with maintaining trails and buying passes. I can't wait to see all of you out there getting it done; it sure would beat all this jibber-jabber.
:D :D :D

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
Originally posted by Ronny Grady
Yeah Doug, I agree. Crossing the main shuttle road can be a bit scarry with the occasional drunk redneck hauling ass up the road on a buggy that might not have the most reliable brakes!
occasional drunk redneck

well somebody will always slip through the cracks......

SO, WHO'S FOR A ROAD GAP???

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
dayum them are sum hot trails. whats the total vertical descent( i think i worded that right) of that place? is there much climbing?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by mcA896
is there much climbing?
How about ZERO?
Yeah, the place rocks.
You can post pics of the place all day long, and it is not gonna do the place justice. The stunts are just fun, but that is for sure not the best aspect of the place. Just the way the trails flow, the corners, the drops, the rocks and last but not least the steeps.
Every trail there is just a super fun place to ride your DH bike.

obie

Chimp
Mar 10, 2004
Originally posted by mfzbike
I WANNA SEE A ROAD GAP!!!
THAT'LL GIVE BILLY BOB SOMETHING TO DRINK TO!!!!!
when we're like 6ft in mid-air over their heads

i think i can talk joey into crafting some sturdy lift off ramp!

ohhhh mannnn!!!!!!! that would be so sweet!:D
LET JOEY DO THE BUILDING......HES THE ONE......PS. PUT SOME PADS ON...:stupid: RIDING.......

Feb 24, 2004
Kentucky--- yeah really
Like everyone has said, the video's or pic's are not enough. You must go to experience it for yourself. But, before you go check this list of things to do!!

1: Buy a new bike. (your current bike may/will get trashed)
2: Have an attorney write your Last Will and Test.
3: Make sure to have pads and helmet (riding without a shirt or pads is NOT advised.
4: A large bottle of asprin MAY be okay; But a few lohratab works great.
5: Lastly go there, hook up with the locals, buy the pass ($10/day last year) and have a blast.

one last thing, if your town/ area is like mine you won't want to ride for probably 2-3 months unless it is windrock; it is truly a DHer's paradise.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
bro...you make it sound like something too dangerous to ride. all the stuff there is just fun...nothing deadly or that will destroy the common bike.

THere are several guys who can work that place on a hardtail. All you''ll do is succeed in scaring people off.

Suffice it to say there is a little bit of everything there for every kind of bike, excluding a nice gentle full speeed fall away table top with limitless air and style..."hint" hint":D

Feb 24, 2004
Kentucky--- yeah really
Yeah you're probably right, it is a really safe place.
It's not bad to ride with out a shirt or helmet, it's probably just a huge rush anyways. Why don't we tell people that it is a paved park, and what about all of the place on the trail to stop.
No, really man all i'm saying is that it is a awesome place to go. For me it was worth the 5+ hour drive. I'm not trying to get people to not go, but i am trying to "prepare them". If it is your first time there like mine was, then you more than likely WILL fall. Sometimes you go faster with the brakes on!! It is not the easiest place to go to on your first day on a freeride bike. i wonder just how many derailler's that mountain has eaten, or even worse cracked frames?
To All That Wish To Experience Windrock:
It is a great place to ride. Be prepared though, I was not. I had a spot on my leg that was bruised for about two months.

bikejunke

Chimp
Jan 27, 2003
knoxvegas, tn
man you guys are freakin nuts! WINDROCK SUCKS!!!!!!

I mean if your into jumps, and drops, and rocks, and speed and huge berms, than I guess you might dig it. But who really likes all that crap.

No really. We hope to see everyone out at the races this year, we've been bustin' our asses pretty hard to get some pretty wicked prizes, and I think you will all be pretty pleased. We're up to about 10 grand in prizes, before you even add maxxis (BUY MAXXIS TIRES!!). So tell everyone you know, and come out to support the trails, it should be a pretty good time.

Rock Shox-- Boxxer, psylo tulio
Sram-- x-9 drivetrains
Giant-- stp-2(complete dirt jump bike)
Planet-x --Pitbull frame
Evil-- lots of cool stuff
Thomson--- plenty of stems and posts
Haro-- boxes of stuff
primo-- pedals
azonic-- gift certificates
---CASH!!!---

The list goes on and on!!!!!

p.s. to all those still a little green from last years shuttle, we should have a brand new freakin' road!!!!!!!!

lata

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
woooah... save some of those nice prizes for the second race... I, along with some others, will be on the road during the first one. I'm sure I speak for us all when I say I am dissapointed that I'm not going to be around. Winrock is the best DH park I've ever seen. Too bad the dates for Winrock and ETSU cant somehow switch.

For the second race it's on! All you suckas goin' DOWN!!!! ;)
Hopefully there wil be a bigger turn-out.

oh, and, Doug - for that second one, are you gong to have another cook-out so I can get fat on Nathans and pour gas in the fire??

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Originally posted by bikejunke
man you guys are freakin nuts! WINDROCK SUCKS!!!!!!

p.s. to all those still a little green from last years shuttle, we should have a brand new freakin' road!!!!!!!!

lata
Nice prize list. I am definatly going to have to make it back down for some races.

About the shuttle, is it possible to find an open stake truck instead of the sweat box Uhaul? I was about to puke until I figured out the sitting down was a much better ride up.

bikejunke

Chimp
Jan 27, 2003
knoxvegas, tn
the race dates are: July 17-18
Sept 11-12

I've checked into some open bed trucks and the are way too expensive. If everyone wanted to chip in we could do it but I would have to have a pretty stong commitment from everyone. We probably won't make any $ of of the races, and what little we do, we would like to put back into the trails(tools, wood, petunias, etc.).

thanx
Shawn

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
what about getting one of the local trailer stores to sponsor the race and donate one? It would be the perfect advertisement for them to have a banner in the parking lot of the biggest group of trailer owners around. They should jump at it.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by nuttypoolog
oh, and, Doug - for that second one, are you gong to have another cook-out so I can get fat on Nathans and pour gas in the fire??
The sleep over and cookout is a tradition and it wouldn't be the same without Nathan's and the flaming gas bottles. But we can't burn down my house.:eek: :p

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Originally posted by Jeremy R
You're Welcome.
I can't believe that you went this long in your life without them.
That is just tragic.
I know. I have not been able to find them locally.:mad:

Guess, I'll have to plan another trip to ride and stock up!!;)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by SpaZwEll
I know. I have not been able to find them locally.:mad:

Guess, I'll have to plan another trip to ride and stock up!!;)
If you have a Miami Subs in your town the dawgs they sell are Nathans. Otherwise you have a great excuse to get back up here.:)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We can air ship them. :)

BTW I still have your knee/shin guards. They fit real nice. Saved my knees more than once. :devil:

nah, I haven't even tried them on. I don't want your cooties.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Originally posted by profro
We can air ship them. :)

BTW I still have your knee/shin guards. They fit real nice. Saved my knees more than once. :devil:

nah, I haven't even tried them on. I don't want your cooties.
:D Yeah, but i would rather use it as an excuse to come up there and tear it up!!!

I guess if you are doing ETSU give them to Bloch. And I will get them from Wyatt.

Are you still going to ETSU? Thinking might do VA.;)

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Originally posted by bizutch
why don't you just ship them to Canada and back by UPS ground...it would get there sooner.:D
Maybe I can ship myself and bike to Whistler :D and they will make it there just in time for me!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'll give the to Ryan no problem. Spoke80 and I rode ETSU yesterday. Hmmmm, not what I was expecting, but I'm glad I took my little bike. However the 4x course was really fun. A bit choppy, but really fun. I am going to give expert 4x a try this year. I am planning on Massennutten are you?

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Yes. :)

My class got cancelled. So, I will probably try to shuttle up w/ some of the guys in ATL.

ETSU sucked to me, we have hiking trails that are way better. Than enduring the 6-7 hours of wasted driving.:mad:

4x will suit you well.

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
I'm going to ETSU... If anyone in ATL that doesnt have bad B.O. is interested in carpooling call me... I can take up to 4 bikes, which is enough b/c I'm probably just going to take my 4x bike. dont know yet cauz I really want to try out the new ride... :(

404 285 8261
Mike

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
Originally posted by profro
Mike you really should race your big bike for the DH. The 4x will be no good.
:devil:
i have only ridden the DH there with the "cave drop" in it that starts near the water tower. if the other course has something to ride over I'll bring the M1. but my 4x bike can have 4.5"f/6"r. so that's not too shabby. :think:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I am completely joking. I rode the current DH course on my 4"/3.5" 4x bike and it was still too much. :p I jumped over all the technical stuff.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'll be in Johnson City for the weekend. I'm going fishing with some college buddies on Saturday and then I'm riding at ETSU on Sunday. So I won't be around. But if that Jamboree is going on this weekend, I really would not go out there. But give me a call and we'll chat.

What fork? 888:rolleyes: :eek:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Originally posted by Jeremy R
Doug,
If Windrock is open on Saturday, I am coming up.
Anyway to find out on an advanced notice.;)
I gotta a fork to break in, and I want to make sure
it is done right.:)
spiteful, envious stare headed your way bro!!!:devil: If you're planning on going, let me know...I need advance notice with the missus...:rolleyes:

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
i also have some stuff to break in... I'd love to go up there too!!!

I'll drive if we can get up the road!

PS- I have a 4WD drive so if we need to go around some stuff it's cool. I'd rather not shuttle trail 2, but it is possible.