Quantcast

Windrock Saturday 4th.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There will be a local crew riding Windrock Saturday the 4th. Conditions should be near perfect. Low 80s and dry. :weee: Join us.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
How was it this weekend? Did ya'll move some of those annoying rocks and line the edges with mungo grass? Lot of prep work to be done if you want to have Fall Fest in time. Just too damn dangerous up there.:D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Weekend was awesome.

Saturday was a slow locals only day. We were into the beers by 11am and home by 2pm.

Sunday was a super shred session with the Boone Goons. Finished up around 6:30pm. Thanks for the help on the trails to those guys. We had some deadfall on the OG Windmill and they helped to get it moved.

Sunday had a few more NC and SC riders.

The dirt was bone dry and like riding in gravel all the way down. No moisture anywhere. It was awesome. No injuries and tons of runs. Great three days of riding.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
It was loose and rough at the rock. Scared the crap out of myself a few times but no big crashes. It was great to spend a full two days on terrain that is so different from what i'm used to riding. I'd need new tires twice a month if I lived in Knoxville

Get out there and ride people! I was shocked to have the place to ourselves on a beautiful holiday weekend.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
While I obviously wish I was able to spend more than one afternoon there, it was sublime riding conditions. I also wish I could keep Doug, Trottier, Mule, Moto, and Joey in sight - so thanks for waiting for me to bumble down the hill. Perhaps I had too much faith in the performance benefits of Omni-shield.

Regardless, it is my favorite place to ride (and scare myself) and I am seriously looking forward to the Fall Fest (sans ice mud).

Btw, as a side note, as I was hacking my way down Southern Rox and noticed the semi-decomposed corpse of the Incredible Hulk...It seems he can't smash east coast rox afterall :rimshot:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
It was so loose and fast this past weekend. Felt like riding in Colorado or something. But southern rocks was just as good as always for some reason ;)