Quantcast

Windrock Springfest

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Since everyone seemed to have so much fun during the Fallest, lets do it again. May 5th & 6th, prior to race season going into full swing lets have one more "relaxing" weekend on the rock. The trailer will be there and ready to dish out more runs than you can probably handle, as well as having the grill going and everything else that goes along with a non race weekend. There will be no raffle, unless everyone is just dead set on buying tickets, in which case im sure I can find some fun stuff at the local goodwill to give away. For anyone unfamiliar with windrock, there is camping close by.

Things to bring:
money to purchase a permit since they are certainly keeping an eye out for that
anything extra you would like to grill/drink/whatever
energy to do runs longer than anything since the olden days
your balls
*donations for shuttle appreciated
**extra trucks to split the driving would also be appreciated

Last edited:

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
damn, i didnt even think of that, let me check some other dates since that would be a big issue for a lot of people.

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
+1 on making it another weekend besides Mothers Day... I'd love to come and know a few from the flatlands that would, but Mothers Day would be a deal breaker... :think:

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
the previous weekend is the windrock trailfest, but we will overlap anyways May 5th & 6th I wish Beech would go ahead an drelease the race schedule so there wasn't any unknowns. What a Beech.

Last edited:

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
we can use the ttc shuttle trailers also..(.not the one i brought this past weekend) cant haul them with the kia soul,, but they are some damn good shuttle trailers, if someone wants to pick up one of them( or both),, just let me know

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
Jay, my mom is in Ga. Although my wife might have something to say but probably not. :)
Your wife always lets you travel Don... Some of us aren't so lucky. My wife hates road trips, it'd be easier to get my mom to go. Would that be appropriate for a man nearing 40? She could drive the shuttle :doh:

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
Dang May 5th is PMBAR. Not a big deal for most dh guys I know but I'm probably out so all the xc guys at the shop can go ride in Pisgah for 9+ hrs.

Still a better date than mothers day I reckon.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Your wife always lets you travel Don... Some of us aren't so lucky. My wife hates road trips, it'd be easier to get my mom to go. Would that be appropriate for a man nearing 40? She could drive the shuttle :doh:
I definitely got a great wife and she has driven shuttles before. Now I need to get the 5th off. Might do a double weekend again if I can swing it. The Massanutten Race is the weekend before. Let me know if your going to WR.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dang May 5th is PMBAR. Not a big deal for most dh guys I know but I'm probably out so all the xc guys at the shop can go ride in Pisgah for 9+ hrs.

Still a better date than mothers day I reckon.
I sense a stomach bug in your future. Not you of course. Little Visine in the Wes' coffee might keep him close to the work bench. ;)

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Does anyone have an address or directions from Raleigh? Where are the permits purchased and the campgrounds?

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
damndit... all the early season stuff always has to happen right around exam week(s). I would come from Rawleigh if it were the next weekend:( Just got my bike fitted with a few fresh parts(yay no more bent handlebars).

what is with having exams go from Tuesday through to Monday; not just Monday to Friday? I swear a bunch of idiots run this place.

Last edited:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
thanks man, hope some customers are understanding and don't jump ship.
Just went thru this 2 1/2 months ago, I went and personally sat down and talked to a couple customers and reassured them,It worked.Meeting with them worked out better than a phone call.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Small update on this weekend, there will be a large grizzly broken man with a bucket of margarita heckling throughout the day for anyone who really wanted to get that race day feeling! If anyone has a megaphone they could bring i'm sure that could only improve the quality and quantity of yelling. Also, since this seems to be a community event more than anything, I will bring my grill out saturday and grab some stuffs from sams, but it is recommended to bring items to add to the table. I have one canopy I will bring with a bunch of side curtains for shade, but if anyone else has one or two they can bring as well, that will only add to the shade. That's all I can think of now. If anyone other than the Lou crowd will be ther friday let me know so we can coordinate some work. Get stoked!