Quantcast

Windrock Springfest

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Nice turn out today from all over the south. Even though I did not ride I still had a great time, cankles and everything. Looking forward to FallFest now.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Today was another great day of riding. There were multiple people with cameras getting some good shots, so we should see some footage before long!

-Brett

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Thanks again Alex for spearheading this springfest;lets make it an annual thing.Josh let that collarbone heal and thanks for providing the truck and trailer Saturday.
Falling is not a sockpuppet....he is real and brought his wife and they rode Saturday, good to meet both of you, and post up when you want to ride WR again.
Troy~ "That was some high speed running I completely had no control!" good riding with you again.

Probably one of the best weekends at the rock yet

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
One of my favorite bike trips for sure. I rode up alone and Only knew josh but within 5 mins I had 15 people to ride with which is part of the reason I enjoy dhilling so much. Saturday's riding was great including one of my favorite runs of all time following moto down #1. Sunday's riding wasn't so great for me as the bridge on the log drop moved and broke underneath me causing me to tumble into briars. :)

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Ok, so the one shortly after the small dirt gap jump on the Windmill trail. That will have to be looked at... It was fine when I went over it today.

-Brett

Bert

Chimp
Jan 17, 2002
Cincinnati
I'm with Matt- first time here, just met Loo, and yet I had a blast and met a bunch of cool dudes. Battered but not broken, I'll be back for more. Awesome weekend!

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Taking a closer look at the Windrock windmills ( Tilt head to left)
Windmill WR.jpg
Quiet before the storm...... "Take us too the top Daddy!!!!"
539892_3518598117268_1041470095_32610277_1231636712_n.jpg

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Thanks everyone for coming out, it turned out to be a great day, apparently I forgot how to ride my bike but it was still fun. Someone left a blue cooler and some chairs saturday that I will hold ransom until you come back to the rock again! Brett, thanks for bringing the grill back Sunday. I was planning on heading back out there but it just didnt happen.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I stole this from Amber's fb page its too funny not to share........

Me-Clealan-Brett & Amber riding in the truck........

Clealan says - " Is that a snake?"......I lean out the window as we pass by...........
"Nope its a turd with a butterfly on it!" :rofl::weee::rofl:

Jul 6, 2010
Lafayette, La
Saturday was quite the muddy/rocky slip n slide of fury but still able to walk away at the end of the day and then come back for more on Sunday! Great weekend. Looking forward to another trip soon!

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Thanks everyone for coming out, it turned out to be a great day, apparently I forgot how to ride my bike but it was still fun. Someone left a blue cooler and some chairs saturday that I will hold ransom until you come back to the rock again! Brett, thanks for bringing the grill back Sunday. I was planning on heading back out there but it just didnt happen.
The nasty red, white, and blue chair is mine. I'll just trade you for your Motley Crue- Decade of Decadence album. I was reliving the high school days while working today:D

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
About those pics ????? There was some guy taking pics all day Saturday.....anyone know who he was? He was taking a lot of pics in the parking lot.

Jul 6, 2010
Lafayette, La
The blue cooler is ours. It was left Saturday in the rush to get to Captain Tom's before the food was all gone :D

Next time one of us make it up there we can grab it from you. Thanks! :weee:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
About those pics ????? There was some guy taking pics all day Saturday.....anyone know who he was? He was taking a lot of pics in the parking lot.
His name was Guy and he said something about posting them up on Facebook I think. I asked if he would post some on here and he said he would put a link in. He got a lot of great shots.

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
Wow, another great weekend at the Rock. The FL crew had a killer time, we had 6 newbs, plus 3 of us who've been before. It was good to get back up there again. After a greasy start on sat things tacked up nicely and by Sunday conditions were prime... we rode till at least 6:00 pm then headed to Ga and rode Carters Lake on Monday. (another fun session!) Thanks for all the effort put in with the trails, shuttles, and grilling.

Last edited:

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Here is a little video from Springfest. I will work on another one or two edits as well.

I do not know why it is not in HD....

-Brett

Last edited:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Here is a little video from Springfest. I will work on another one or two edits as well.

I do not know why it is not in HD....

-Brett
This was right after we fixed my derailleur cable, at 3:10 you said "you got gears now use them" < thats funny.:D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The very beginning is what we call Starting ****.

-Brett

Mark Ziska and I cut that trail in two days to by pass going down the road after we lost the waterfall road crossing. Joey Bridges went complaining to the ATV cop that we were out there starting **** and hence the name stuck.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Mark Ziska and I cut that trail in two days to by pass going down the road after we lost the waterfall road crossing. Joey Bridges went complaining to the ATV cop that we were out there starting **** and hence the name stuck.
Thats pretty darn cool!

Nice ride around at the "road gap"
I dont like it that much... I will hit everything else on that mountain though.

-Brett