Quantcast

windrock today was unreal!!!

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
they have the toughest stuff to ride period...super steep, super rocky, super tech, super everything...i can't wait to go back...And i give major props to the builders who spent months working on the new trails...incredible...

if anyones got pics, post em up..

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Glad to hear you guys had a good trip! Joey is one of the coolest and most dedicated builders I know, and the progression he and his crew have taken Windrock through has been incredible, including the new trails for this season! I wasn't able to make it this weekend because I was riding the white stuff, but I hope to see you guys back down... :thumb:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
The track was is stupid shape and SOUTHERN ROCKS is the business. I dropped in on it fro the first time top to bottom and I was blown away with the different lines, flow, and just suspension blasting fun.

Awesome job you know who you are!!!!

Glad you liked it and next time you see Joey Ziska, or Terry J throw some some $$$$ their way for the trails. They pay for everything out of their own pocket so a little goes a long way.

Maybe, next time I'll be in attendance for more than 2 runs.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Every guy I rode with wished the next race course would be Southern Rocks. I'm guessing there would be some serious long runs on that course. Start times would have to be on 1 minute intervals. Maybe Southern Rocks to the off camber trail, but not down the huge drops! :eek:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Every guy I rode with wished the next race course would be Southern Rocks. I'm guessing there would be some serious long runs on that course. Start times would have to be on 1 minute intervals. Maybe Southern Rocks to the off camber trail, but not down the huge drops! :eek:
Totally, maybe a trail that leads from the start of the steep section that goes in to the new drop over to trail 14 and then ties into that exist trail after the spine.

If you can understand that than you get the :love: .

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There looked like there was a trail the stayed left when the trail turned right down in to the new steep section. Where does that go? Heck that new trail which branches off at Humpy Rock and crossed Trail 14 was a freakin blast too!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yo Doug,
I got your message late Saturday night.
I had plans on Sunday that I could not get out of, but thanks on the offer.
I am still waiting on brakes. :mumble:
But at least I can parking lot setup my suspension now. :thumb: :cool:
Oh well, I rode Black Mountain this weekend, so it was not a total lost.
But I am dying for some DH runs.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
Props to everyone that showed on Sunday....What a Beutiful day it was for Windrock DHing
The new Ridgeline Off Camber trail to super steep or big as you wanna go drop was absolutely FANTASTIC!!
Southern Rocks....well that speaks for itself....
its been a short winter ....so hope you guys dig everything out there...
hope to see everyone Easter W/e

Later!

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
Is southern rocks the new trail with 50 billion rocks on it...man i have got to get my legs in shape just so i can stand thru that trail...insane

and the offcamber ridgeline trail is real nice..lots of nice drops

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
A race run down southern rocks would mean absolute destruction!:D And that's how a race course should be!! Joey et al, I can't belive you guys put that together. It is the best stuff I've ever come across!!! Thanks again for having us to your trails!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
DH247 said:
A race run down southern rocks would mean absolute destruction!:D And that's how a race course should be!! Joey et al, I can't belive you guys put that together. It is the best stuff I've ever come across!!! Thanks again for having us to your trails!
We have some much to chose from that I am beginning to think that a 2 day dh-a-thon would be an interesting event. Two days and two races, awards for each day and cash for the overall. I think that could be an attention getter. Hint Hint Hint! eh!

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
I'm positive I could get the time off of work to come and race! But be forwarned, We Ontarians know of these 2-day events and have them regularly! Hehehehehe.... It's hell cuz you never really get the time you want to ride the race course enough to memorize it! And cash prizes you say!?!?!? SOLD (But you had me at boozin and cruisin ;))!!!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
DH247 said:
I'm positive I could get the time off of work to come and race! But be forwarned, We Ontarians know of these 2-day events and have them regularly! Hehehehehe.... It's hell cuz you never really get the time you want to ride the race course enough to memorize it! And cash prizes you say!?!?!? SOLD (But you had me at boozin and cruisin ;))!!!

I guess you are going to have to come down for a week!

8 bottles per box
2 boxes a day
7 days

112 bottles of Creemore!

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
Hmmmm..... I can feel my liver crying already!!! Hehehehe.... My liver hates me so!! Sounds like a plan brother!! We might need an extra day though.... That much drinking we'll be drunk for a full day once we've stopped!!!!