Quantcast

Windrock Update: 8/9/04

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Joey talked to the project manager for TVA and the top ATV club guy on Sunday about the shuttle road and the status of the windmill project. TVA wants to run trucks 7 days a week to get the job done but that means the paved road will be closed for months to everyone. So the ATV club is rallying to keep the road open on Sundays so that people can buy passes and ride. As of Sunday the road up Windrock Mtn. was open and as long as TVA doesn't go to round the clock hauling than we are good to go for practice!

So this weekend I'll be at the Rock!

Who's with me?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
hmmm...the offer is tempting. By the way, I got the go ahead to build trails at Sugar with a crew of my choosing. They'll show me where not to go...and I'll go anywhere else.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
hmmm...the offer is tempting. By the way, I got the go ahead to build trails at Sugar with a crew of my choosing. They'll show me where not to go...and I'll go anywhere else.

word.are we limited to building race courses or can the crew build some not so race oriented trails as well?

B

bigkonarider

I will B there Sunday at the Rock if dry!.... :dancing:

Planning on Sugar on Saturday?.shuttling ?--{lifts are VERY slow there.} :nopity:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
That is awesome! I hope it turns out well. :thumb:

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
Well thats some swell news.
I am kinda in a bike transition period right now. Actually, all i have until the end of the week is my road bike :rolleyes:

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
spoke80 said:
Joey talked to the project manager for TVA and the top ATV club guy on Sunday about the shuttle road and the status of the windmill project. TVA wants to run trucks 7 days a week to get the job done but that means the paved road will be closed for months to everyone. So the ATV club is rallying to keep the road open on Sundays so that people can buy passes and ride. As of Sunday the road up Windrock Mtn. was open and as long as TVA doesn't go to round the clock hauling than we are good to go for practice!

So this weekend I'll be at the Rock!

Who's with me?
Gimmie a time! And PM me your ph #. It seems to have changed :angry:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ztlh13 said:
Be there! We going to take Ian to the rock?

I don't think Ian would dig the rock to much. I am going to try to take him down to Tsali so he can abuse me.

You wanna ride Sunday at the rock?

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
i want to ride but i won't be for 8-12 weeks. i'm still dumbfounded that I broke my collarbone on wednesday but I can't get it set until monday. so i'm sitting here typing with my left hand wishing i could ride. and watching bike m ovies is both good and bad because i just want to get back on the bike.

but jeremy said it best about southern dhers being good people. ben has been nothing but supportive since he saw me walking up the hill holding my shoulder. he's even watching holding onto the bike until i can bring her home. i just hope everyone won't mind waiting for me when i get back on the trail again ... which i hope will be soon.

so i'm just going to let this medicine make me loopy and hope when my insurance kicks in on the 1st that it will help cover some of the ortho bill.

peace...........and i will be yealling for all the local and out-of-town crew at the race.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
bizutch said:
Awesome! I'm only an hour from Sugar and more than willing to assist. Just let me know when we can start :thumb:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Anybody know what the schedule is for the September race? Specifically, what day is the DH race on? The 11th or 12th?

(And Terry, can you bring my helmet to the Windrock race? Yes, it's the same one I forgot at your ETSU race some months ago...)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm riding there tommorrow (Sunday) at Sugar. Anyone wanting to ride and help me do some scouting is welcome to join me. Keep in mind...if you show up, we're not cutting new trail but looking for places to put it. And you can't just show up and start cutting without the mountains permission. Go through me first....otherwise you can screw us all over good. And unlike the mountain who would seek legal action, I just start swingin' at you. PEACE!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Anyone riding at Windrock this Sunday, 8/29? I should be there on an SGS, and i'll be riding with a dude on a blue Giant DH.

B

bigkonarider

maybe..
Have free passes to splash country may go or not ?
Or else practice some x-ups off the SPINE :dancing: !!
oh yeah,it's an hour bog to the top if no-1 is there to shuttle !
:thumb:

HRDTLBRO said:
Anyone riding at Windrock this Sunday, 8/29? I should be there on an SGS, and i'll be riding with a dude on a blue Giant DH.