Quantcast

Windrock Video

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Go to www.windrock-mtb.com
Here's a new Windrock video one the local boys Nevin (Sorry don't know his last name) put together for Brian recently. The footage is 1-3 yrs old and includes the old Wonderland section. I haven't viewed the internet version yet so I hope the quality is o.k.
Thanks Josh for posting that. Hope you included the crash reel.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
EPB said:
Not the best quality but I like it. What trails are being ridden on?
The 1st one is trail 1 to Snakerock finishing in an older section that no longer exists. Then part of Southern Rocks and GT4. The video is 11 minutes long so I guess the quality had to be compromised for obvious reasons.

EPB

Chimp
Apr 20, 2006
Maryland
Thanks, I'm going there soon.. trying to find the best trails because I know we're not going to hit all them.

FatKills

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
If whoever made the video can host the uncompressed editted footage in DV format somewhere I'd be more than happy to convert it to a bunch of different formats, some higher quality and smaller sized than Quicktime. I could even accept the whole giant file in email since I have no limit on email file size. Could PM whoever with my address.

The only thing the video could use, as EPB mentioned, is a bit of a listing of trails. Would be nice to get a little title at the beginning (or change) of each section that says "Middle Finger" or "Upper Bobcat" or "Lower Weasel".

Killer video btw, just so ya know.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Looks nice.

I'd heard talk and seen helmet cameras out there, its nice to see the footage. Hell, even I'm in this video, if only for a few seconds.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
seabass said:
11 minutes of video takes ALOT of work.
Actually it's just part of a 40-45 minute vid he did of our trips to Arizona, Snowshoe, and various xc rides throughout the SE, but this segment is my favorite.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Awesome stuff. My observations:

1. What retard wrecked at the top. I bet he's a loser. :rolleyes:
2. Jon likes to sit down.... alot. :)
3. I MISS WONDERLAND!
4. The SR footage great.
5. Boy, have our styles changed over the years.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Only thing I have to deduct points for is not having the cam facing DOWN SnakeRock. It being on the rear wheel there at the end, you couldn't even see all the rocks on it.
Other than that...good deal...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
and our speed has increased too.
how many of ya'll are coming into sections faster than ever ?

there may be alot of time spent this coming winter modifying some of the older sections to deal with the increase in velocity.

i too miss the wonderland. that 45m.p.h. singletrack leading into the drop and the runout with that g-out before the turn into the jumps was the best.