Quantcast

Windrock? When lord, when???

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
When is the Windrock opening day/bring your gun contest party?

Hell, I will even pitch in the first keg if a good party can be put together.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Soon my friend, soon. But until then, some new pics from last weekend.

New berm below Jawbone.

Updated photos of the new "big" jump.

And a facelift for the coal berms.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I have a 3/5 mast and a smile on my face.

Let us know when opening weekend is, I will bring the truck, a full keg, and my guns. It'll be grand!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Those trails are in the lands of all things holy. Really. Looking forward to coming down this spring and summer...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
profro said:
There were plenty of rocks to "berm" off of there before. :)
Gerritt's brother got chewed right there pretty good. And I'm pretty sure that is where my D321 died. Oh, and Joey....start a new thread in the DH forum with those new pics.

I'm trying to talk a bunch of pro teams into hitting the rock the weeo of or weekend before Sugar. Big House...you reading this?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
I'm trying to talk a bunch of pro teams into hitting the rock the weeo of or weekend before Sugar. Big House...you reading this?

Ben and I tried to get Yeti to stop by here last year. We even offered free room and board, but they are always too busy. :nopity: Oh well their loss.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
If anyone can hype the "pros" up into coming to Windrock it would be Butch. Who else has the "skillz" to get NORBA to put a National at Sugar!?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
spoke80 said:
If anyone can hype the "pros" up into coming to Windrock it would be Butch. Who else has the "skillz" to get NORBA to put a National at Sugar!?
you might be surprised about the ways I influenced that decision. :devil:

As for the pros coming, it would seem to make sense to me that it would be a phenomenal training ground for them either this spring or the weekend before the Nat. I looked at the schedule and didn't see any conflicts. Plus all of the team vans will literally be passing by it on their way into Sugar for the race. I mean...a 20 minute 4 lane drive to the parking lot with enough parking to hold every single race truck from the Nationals? Makes sense to me.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
But Bizutch, when will it open for mortals? I am sitting here boring my ass off in Norfolk, need some time to go down the hill. I know its still winter yet, and that it needs some time to freeze down, but just say the word and I am in the truck.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Tattooo said:
But Bizutch, when will it open for mortals? I am sitting here boring my ass off in Norfolk, need some time to go down the hill. I know its still winter yet, and that it needs some time to freeze down, but just say the word and I am in the truck.
you guys not got some burly shuttles to pull?
soon as my new rig gets here I'm on to the secret start gate.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
I looked at the schedule and didn't see any conflicts.
No confilts eh? Isn't the weekend before Sugar, the AngelFire MSC? I know more than a few pros heading to that one. Anyway, we will have some super sessions there that week anyway, no matter who comes.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
There were plenty of rocks to "berm" off of there before. :)
the line with those rocks, is still there. the berm won't be inline with the original route down from the jawbone.

it is more to facilitate the high speed exit from the bottom of the new trail that exits right before that turn.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
we still have a lot of work to do before we open up.

i wouldn't plan anything before mid march.
this'll be the first place i post when the opening date will be.

thanks for the promo work butch. and anything i post about w.r. will be here in the "south".
the downhill forum blows the biggest chunks of anyplace i go on line.
(too many racerboy knowitall vultures lying in wait for their next post to attack. f..k em all.)

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
we still have a lot of work to do before we open up.

i wouldn't plan anything before mid march.
this'll be the first place i post when the opening date will be.

thanks for the promo work butch. and anything i post about w.r. will be here in the "south".
the downhill forum blows the biggest chunks of anyplace i go on line.
(too many racerboy knowitall vultures lying in wait for their next post to attack. f..k em all.)

I think Joey needs to shred more than any of us. Staring at all those beautiful mounds without throwing the ruber down would drive a man to desparate measures.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
we finally shifted our "trailbuiling machine" to up above the upper rockgarden.

winter and irresponsible a.t.v. riders have taken a toll up top.

lots of work is needed just to get the top in riding condition. the run out of the woods down to the first road crossing has suffered a mudslide. i haven't been right up to it, but from down at the first jump it looks pretty bad. we'll need to build a new bridge/jump at the bottom. somthing that'll keep the motorized crew from "poaching". it very well could be that we need to rebuild that section with waterbars installed. that will drop the speed there considerably. (not actually a bad thing considering the speed that cross traffic is going, and their refusal to stop for us.)

the rundown into the "pallet drop" is probably going to get the same waterbar treatment as well, so that area can be more maintainence free than in previous years.

the first double jump is going to get bigger too.
mark and i built up the lander this past weekend. making it twice as wide, about 12-20in. taller at the top and about 6-8ft. longer.
the jump itself will be widened at the base and tapered to less than a.t.v. axle width at the top. it will also be made taller and longer.
making it easier for those who aren't the best at jumping, without taking away anything from those of us who like to hit that thing at warp speed.

terry and brian worked a little farther down that trail, building another new jump. when finished, that whole section of trail is going to be faster and better than last year, with your wheels being airbourne for about half the time.

the biggest problem we're going to face this spring is trail security along the trail 14 corridor. we won't start riding again until i can come up with a barricade system that'll keep the a.t.v.'s and especially the motorcycles out of our trails. i forsee having to spend more than a few $$$ (that i don't have) on barricades similar to the one at our first double, with cables and locks on them instead of screws to keep them in place when we're not around. this'll put a crimp in anyone who wants to ride while we're not there, as i'll be the one with the keys. this should be a temporary deal. just until they can get the well drilled and their stuff outta there. and i can see who's going to get us a gate at the top of the road.

we're working our a..es off up there, and may not be open as soon as expected. have patience.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
and like ben said earlier,NOBODY WANTS TO RIDE THE ROCK MORE THAN ME!! it's killin me to see all this new stuff without being able to smoke it. (there's your opening jeff.)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
The one time I rode there I got the impression that ANY gap would keep the ATVers off of the jumps.
I can't wait to get out there either, my new frame will show up tomorrow unless the UPS truck gets in an accident.

I wish we had a way of keeping the W.T. off of the jumps at Chuck's. They ride up the course and tear up the lips.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
gaps will keep them from trying to jump them, but not from deliberately trying to roll up on them to tear them up. (it's a regional pastime around here. tearing stuff up because you can.)

and jumps in front of barricades defeats the purpose of barricades.
doug, now that the a.t.v. club are cabling off bonded areas, the same inbreds are looking for new stuff to destroy. and with 14 being wide open for now, guess where their new stomping grounds are ?

i'm supposed to meet with red up there soon to see what they can do for us until they're finished with drilling.(they haven't even started yet.) in the meantime it's a huge problem. and there's no way in hell i'm going to start riding as long as there is motorized traffic on 14.until i can see who's going to fund the materials needed for security. (i'm not going to spend one cent on securing something that the coal co. opened up.) i won't even get down in there to fix all the damage caused by the road widening. i'm not risking six years of work to open it up and let those knotheads see where our trailheads cross. nobody hates this situation more than i do.

this is a new situation that's just now starting to rear its ugly head.
yesterday some dipsh.. rode his a.t.v. over our barricades leading into the culdesac before the upper rockgarden, and rode down into and around that bypass trail and over that old bridge.

needless to say i'll be dropping trees across that trail to permanetly close it off. these idiots will stop at absolutely nothing in their attempt to ride any damn where they please.

the t.v.a. supervisor from the windmills (carl) and i were standing right in front of a bonded areas illegal hillclimb area, and while he was explaining to some fool as to why he couldn't ride in that area, the guy just laughed an took off.

none of my stuff will open up until somebody does something about this sudden criminal onslaught.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
gaps will keep them from trying to jump them, but not from deliberately trying to roll up on them to tear them up. (it's a regional pastime around here. tearing stuff up because you can.)

and jumps in front of barricades defeats the purpose of barricades.
doug, now that the a.t.v. club are cabling off bonded areas, the same inbreds are looking for new stuff to destroy. and with 14 being wide open for now, guess where their new stomping grounds are ?

i'm supposed to meet with red up there soon to see what they can do for us until they're finished with drilling.(they haven't even started yet.) in the meantime it's a huge problem. and there's no way in hell i'm going to start riding as long as there is motorized traffic on 14.until i can see who's going to fund the materials needed for security. (i'm not going to spend one cent on securing something that the coal co. opened up.) i won't even get down in there to fix all the damage caused by the road widening. i'm not risking six years of work to open it up and let those knotheads see where our trailheads cross. nobody hates this situation more than i do.

this is a new situation that's just now starting to rear its ugly head.
yesterday some dipsh.. rode his a.t.v. over our barricades leading into the culdesac before the upper rockgarden, and rode down into and around that bypass trail and over that old bridge.

needless to say i'll be dropping trees across that trail to permanetly close it off. these idiots will stop at absolutely nothing in their attempt to ride any damn where they please.

the t.v.a. supervisor from the windmills (carl) and i were standing right in front of a bonded areas illegal hillclimb area, and while he was explaining to some fool as to why he couldn't ride in that area, the guy just laughed an took off.

none of my stuff will open up until somebody does something about this sudden criminal onslaught.
Burn them all to HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Let me know if you need another strong back to come help out with the rebuild. I am in a limbo kinda deal right now with work and school, so I can bounce out and come dig any time you want.

We had similar issues both in New Orleans and in Reno with ATV/50 riders coming in and destroying all they saw. The major problem is that booby traps are a felony, otherwise I would have been stringing claymores all over purdition.

Let me know if I can help out at all. I am more then willing to come pitch a tent for a week and just dig until the digging is done. Besides, might be good to have someone out full time for a week to keep them off the trail.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Tattooo said:
Let me know if you need another strong back to come help out with the rebuild. I am in a limbo kinda deal right now with work and school, so I can bounce out and come dig any time you want.

We had similar issues both in New Orleans and in Reno with ATV/50 riders coming in and destroying all they saw. The major problem is that booby traps are a felony, otherwise I would have been stringing claymores all over purdition.

Let me know if I can help out at all. I am more then willing to come pitch a tent for a week and just dig until the digging is done. Besides, might be good to have someone out full time for a week to keep them off the trail.
You read like a solid cat but you better watch what you say; Joey will put your ass to work until you can't stand. And that will only be the first day of carrying man size rocks. Look forward to meeting you.:oink:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Hey Joey,
I just came back from the velodrome in Asheville. The way they have the access to it restricted is with a gate that is 5 feet tall and no more than 2 weet wide. You come up to it on a road bike, dismount, pop it up on the back wheel and walk it through. That way no baby strollers, 4 wheelers, motorcycles, etc can sneak on after hours.

If you made all the trails in a section exit at a certain point, fencing off a 60 foot long corridor around the entry and exit points could work so long as the exit area forced you to dismount and roll it through on the back wheel??

I know it doesn't help at sections where trails intertwine, but it would help at the top of entrances and the bottom of exits...?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
thanks for the info butch. i may be forced to do something along those lines. but right now $$$ are in short supply. and the a.t.v. club has it's backs up against the wall too.

they are having to deal with water runoff issues, and are rapidly depleting their treasury. so the past financial help that they've given me in the past, may be put on hold until they can catch up with what the state is requiring them to take care of.(i recently found out that they get far less of a cut from permit sales than i thought. and that most of their income comes from club dues and shirt and hat sales.)

but part of what they're going to have to do is create a rider education program to let these idiots know that their actions could get us all booted out of here. and create a trail patrol to help get a presence out on the mt. that there will be enforcement of the rules.

that should play into my plans for help from them in securing my area. their goal now is to weed out the outlaw behavior by kicking the offenders the hell outta here for good. and poaching my trails is definately considered by them to be an evictable offense.

plus they know now what an a..hole i can be. and they figure in the long run it's better to help me with security, than to have me do the flying tackle routine on some a.t.v. rider who's foolish enough to get caught on our stuff. and have me wind up either in the emergency room or jail.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
You read like a solid cat but you better watch what you say; Joey will put your ass to work until you can't stand. And that will only be the first day of carrying man size rocks. Look forward to meeting you.:oink:
just ask ben how he recovered from a broken sternum a few years back. i don't think any doctor would recommend slinging a mattock and shovel as part of a recovery program.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
BKQuill said:
Tattooo said:
I am more then willing to come pitch a tent for a week QUOTE]

Ya know, "they" recommend seeing a doctor if your "pitched tent" last more then four hours.:D
My wife the doctor has a great story about a guy who was "standing tall" for three days. Turns out his mistress put a vibrating pen up his p-hole, and it kept him at attention for days. Poor guy I guess had his nuts shrivle down to peanuts after the repeated ridings his owner and her friends had given him.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Tattooo said:
BKQuill said:
My wife the doctor has a great story about a guy who was "standing tall" for three days. Turns out his mistress put a vibrating pen up his p-hole, and it kept him at attention for days. Poor guy I guess had his nuts shrivle down to peanuts after the repeated ridings his owner and her friends had given him.
WTF?
That's what he deserves for letting her put anything in there.
Damn, that hurts just reading it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
BKQuill said:
Tattooo said:
WTF?
That's what he deserves for letting her put anything in there.
Damn, that hurts just reading it.
I guess he was E'd out of his gourd, so he didn't really know. His wife (not this bitch in leather) brought him in after he came home all spaced out with a raging, if ever so stranger then usual boner.

Here's where the wincing and the crying start...

It had gone up into his eurethera (sp) enough that they had to surgically remove it. I was told it required 23 stitches to put him right again, only 10 of which were external.

Its a cautionary tale, don't let people, no matter how hot they look in leather, put things in your pee hole.