Quantcast

@@@ Windstorm Friderp@@@

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
@StiHacka may be dismayed to find out I like my Ass-guy Doubledown better than Supersoft Magic Mary Super Gravity.

Then again, maybe he's happier there's one more Schwalbe in the world for him.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wrong solar panels installed. I caught it halfway through and got the sales guy involved. Stopped them before they got finished, but still a pita for them. It's currently 93* out and, because of a paperwork error, they had to haul 12 panels up and down.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@StiHacka may be dismayed to find out I like my Ass-guy Doubledown better than Supersoft Magic Mary Super Gravity.

Then again, maybe he's happier there's one more Schwalbe in the world for him.
Ass-guys are my go to for front tires in the wet. Ridden other tires that do better in dirt but when it comes to wet roots it is the best. But soil type probably comes into play in what works best. Thankfully I rarely encounter any clay.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There has been a lot of talk at work at retaining employees especially new hires. My team has a new hire and I will be their lead. Our manager told me he was supposed to start at the end of July. I was going to put together a good on-boarding plan to make their entry into the professional world a good one. Just got a call from my manager that she screwed up and he was standing at the guard shack wondering where to go. JFC.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Offloading pointy things to cover the cost of the new gravel frame/fork.

Hoo boy. Weather is showing cloudy and 65 freedoms. Perfect bicycle riding conditions...

So on Sunday while @Westy and I were heading to a trailhead we had to take a detour for a closed road. It turned out someone had plowed into a group of cyclists, killing one of them. The driver fled the scene and its been a hunt since. They found the truck this morning and are about to find this piece of shit excuse for a human being. Registered owner is saying he wasn't driving it. Truck is in evidence. I think the whole community is relieved this is coming to an end.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Offloading pointy things to cover the cost of the new gravel frame/fork.

Hoo boy. Weather is showing cloudy and 65 freedoms. Perfect bicycle riding conditions...

So on Sunday while @Westy and I were heading to a trailhead we had to take a detour for a closed road. It turned out someone had plowed into a group of cyclists, killing one of them. The driver fled the scene and its been a hunt since. They found the truck this morning and are about to find this piece of shit excuse for a human being. Registered owner is saying he wasn't driving it. Truck is in evidence. I think the whole community is relieved this is coming to an end.

The river is up, people tend to get swept away and disappear in those conditions.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Our manager told me he was supposed to start at the end of July. I was going to put together a good on-boarding plan to make their entry into the professional world a good one. Just got a call from my manager that she screwed up and he was standing at the guard shack wondering where to go.
So ... they learn about the professional world quickly? :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Interesting job interview this afternoon, company would expect at least 50 hours/week, which seems excessive, and there's a bit of travel, which is pretty meh. However it sounds like they'd have many many US dollars to offer me, they also want me to edit their job description to take out things I don't want to do and add things I do, plus there's explosions. So maybe work more, but retire 5-10 years earlier? I am conflicted.

Should probably go on a long ride to contemplate my life.

Interesting job interview this afternoon, company would expect at least 50 hours/week, which seems excessive, and there's a bit of travel, which is pretty meh. However it sounds like they'd have many many US dollars to offer me, they also want me to edit their job description to take out things I don't want to do and add things I do, plus there's explosions. So maybe work more, but retire 5-10 years earlier? I am conflicted.

Should probably go on a long ride to contemplate my life.
No on the hours and the travel.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Gearbox of some sort I presume?
I could tell you. But then I'd have to kill you
Intense is going back to FSR, Specialized is going VPP, I may have said too much...

I do see what I think is a derailleur cage just behind his Canadian foot.
Could just be a dummy derailleur to throw off internet sleuths. I will say I am super excited to see this in the wild.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
swapped fones over. getting used to this no home button thing. nice to have a fully functional device though.

headed out to nice dinner with teh wife. wish someone would throw me a raise. annual review is next month. we shall see.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just had a lovely ride, first time out in three weeks since I buggered my wrist. Luckily wrist seems good thank fuck, but this follows a month off followed by a crash, then another month gap (mostly weather and busy induced) followed by the wrist crash, then this last three weeks recuperation abeyance. Therefore cardio is a bit whack but my strength is good, I have been hitting the lifts. Also been practicing my radical leaning and staying the f off the brakes. Was pretty pleased I managed most of my favourites within a few seconds of PBs, (4 seconds off Missing Link, 3 seconds off Peak Flow) including the final ‘Enduro’ top to bottom (9:08 vs 9:01) so I was just 7 seconds off PB including very briefly getting stuck behind some (luckily) quite fast bros who pulled over appropriately quickly.
On the way up the park was very busy, including some fat old Karens who were rolling up about 3kph and didn’t move over for about 1/2 a K even after I eventually asked (very politely). They were not filled with joy, which is the worst crime. Keep your shitty vibes off the hill. I heard them whining at the dudes who were behind me about it being too narrow to stop. :blah:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dh laps with another dude from the trail crew. good times.

went to the local brewery intent on a crowler and a cheesesteak from the food truck, but sadly the food truck was already closed. apparently they got slammed early and ran out of food. still got my crowler, and a 4 pack as well. came home and grilled a tasty burger. grilled red onion, guac, jalapenos, bbq rub on the burger, and bbq sauce. a+. now for a shower and to gather implements for trail work and trail ride tomorrow. bachelor weekend engage!

Last edited: